Chapter 4

Taehyung woke up feeling groggy. Everything was pissing him off. The sunlight hitting his face, the rough patches on his blanket, and most of all, the accursed alarm ringing on his ear.

He involuntarily woke up and splashed his face with cold water. He spent around 30 minutes applying eye makeup to hide the redness and his dark circles.

Once done, he threw on a random shirt and pants before picking up his wallet and phone and heading off to Jin's bakery.

——

"Yah, you look disgusting." Jin snarled as he took in Tae's messy appearance. Tae ignored the older's statement and zombie-walked towards him. Jin backed away, pointing the spatula at Tae, "Yah, don't come any closer to my creation."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" Tae glared back. "Once you've washed up, and maybe use a hair net, help me mix the batter. I've still got 4 more layers to go." Jin grimaced.

"Are you sure you'll be able to bake and decorate them in time for the party?" Tae asked as he did as he was told. "I've got plenty of time. All I'm lacking is the help, which is why I really appreciate it that you're willing to help me just for today. Because of that stupid boyband Joonie's been busy all day." Jin sighed.

"It can't be helped. They're a really popular boyband and we need to meet all their demands to get them to perform. I'll take over Namjoon-hyung's duties tomorrow whilst I visit Seoul to get the rings so he'll at least be able to help you for two days." Jin handed him a spatula and he began to stir the batter, "Then by Thursday Hoseok-hyung should be about done assigning the tableware and entertainment so he should be able to help you with cutting the fondants. Jiminie said he'll also help out with the decorations on Friday and Saturday as best he could."

"How do you keep up with all these Taehyung-ah." Jin sighed, feeling his head getting dizzy from Tae's briefing. Tae shrugged, "I've been a busybody all my life, so schedules just flow naturally for me."

"But aren't you working yourself too hard? You're helping me out while still also having to pick up the rings, takeover Joonie's job, check on the decorations, and pick up the doves, which Yoongi told me about. He's really bad at keeping secrets that boy." Tae chuckled, humored by the familiar question.

"I mean, I do get tired. But it's not everyday that your best friend and childhood friend gets married, you know? And I'm their best man! It's my job to make sure everything is perfect for them." He stated nonchalantly, his eyes fixated on the bowl of batter in front of him.

"But-"

"Besides," Tae cut Jin off, "I don't actually need to do as much as you think, hyung. I agreed to take over Namjoon-hyung's job for two days since I was going to Seoul to pick up the rings anyway. The pet shops in Seoul only had 44 doves and the rest are going to be picked up by Yoongi. And Jiminie's handy work is always so perfect I doubt I'd even need to check on it. I'd probably only help pick out the flowers to match with the theme."

"Won't you at least want company while you're in the city? I've lived them with Joonie for 2 years and I know that it can get quite stressful." Tae shook his head, "I already thought of that. Bogum-hyung's going to be there all week. He's already offered to help me pick up the doves."

Jin continued to eye the younger worriedly. Tae sighed before smiling at his hyung, "Don't worry, hyung. I'll be fine." Jin hesitantly nodded, "Let's pop these babies in the over, shall we?"