Chapter 14

Taehyung had already assured himself that he was dead. That this was what hell was. Darkness that leaves you alone with your thoughts, never able to see or do anything differently. He chuckled to himself, "I guess in the end I was always gonna end up in hell anyway." 

He felt his consciousness beginning to fade, as a small ray of light suddenly shined through the middle of the dark space. An incoherent voice, so familiar to his ear, muttering something to him.

"....Jungkook?" he croaked, not meaning to sound so broken. His blurry eyes opened to a sight of Jungkook and Lisa sobbing their eyes out as each held his hand in a tight clutch.  At the sound of his voice, Jungkook's eyes perked up to meet his own and the youngest quivered up the widest smile. 

"T-Tae-hy-ung" he stammered through cries. His tears streamed harder, this time out of pure relief as he gently hugged the boy's neck. "Your alive" he whispered into the pillow. For a moment, Taehyung relished in the younger's warm embrace, realising to himself, "Ah, I don't want to die yet." 

His eyes travelled to Lisa, who was clutching his hand even tighter than Jungkook had, her eyes even brighter red with snot coming down her chin. She was a mess. As soon as their eyes met, Lisa also broke down crying as she joined Jungkook in hugging Tae's neck, making him almost choke from sheer love. 

"I didn't- et -yo-ress" he tried to croak. Lisa cried harder, "What does that matter right now, pabo!" 

He chuckled to himself and again, realised, "I love them both so much." 

That realisation seemed to have eased the pain he'd harboured in his heart. And for the first time, he actually felt like he could let go. 

____

After what felt like an hour, the two finally calmed down. Taehyung smiled as he saw the two maknaes trying their hardest to calm themselves, still sniffling and occasional tears dripping from their eyes. 

Their eyes never left him for a moment, seeming to fear that he would vanish if they looked away even for a second. He'd never felt so loved before, but he realised that these two had always been the ones that cared about him the most. It wasn't just him.

"How long have I been out?" he asked, voice still a little hoarse. "ten hours" Jungkook replied, eyes indicating that he never left his side even for a second at that time. Lisa continued, "Your heart stopped beating for a whole minute we arrived." 

As if remembering that time, her tears formed again and she cried for a second time. Jungkook pulled her into a comforting hug, his own tears dripping down his face. Taehyung only smiled, "Yeah. They make the perfect couple." 

His thoughts held no more hesitation. He was genuinely happy for the two, and it took him dying to be so. Guess his heart took the words, "I'll love you till I die" a bit too seriously. 

From the other side of the room, the door suddenly burst open, making him almost go back to cardiac arrest. 

"TAEHYUNG-AH!" screamed the sobbing Jimin that dashed faster to Taehyung's side than Usain Bolt ever could. He hugged his friend in a tight embrace, his tears dripping down Taehyung's hospital gown. Tae chuckled, tears forming at the sight of his best friend, as he held him back. "Did you worry a lot Jiminie?" he teased.

Jimin slapped his back gently, "Of course I did you pabo. How could you be so careless on the road? I should've held you back when you said you would go alone with that kind of expression." Taehyung chuckled, "What~ I was just a little careless. It's not your fault" Leave it to Jimin to scold him after getting into a car accident.

Taehyung's eyes met Yoongi's, who had entered suit. Behind him, Jin, Namjoon, the band members, hoseok, and even Bogum were smiling at him, nose red and eyes puffy. OK, he took his words back, a lot of people cared for him. He had to wonder who had paid for a hospital room this big.

"hey guys~ You all came." he grinned. Suddenly everyone in the room was crying again. "How can you still have that idiotic grin even in this situation" Yoongi grumbled, "Give me back ten hours of mourning." 

"Taehyung-ah! Don't scare me lihe that! I had to take a five hours car ride here because I thought you were dead!" Bogum whined, "I almost got into an accident myself you know."

"Yah, who let you get into an accident?" Jin suddenly yelled, "I'll show that bastard what happens for messing with one of my children." 

"Guys, you need to be more quiet" Taehyung shushed them. They all nodded, shutting their mouth obediently. He never felt so powerful before. Taehyung's eyes travelled to the band members, "Why are you guys here so late?" 

One of the members spoke out, "We thought it was only appropriate after the hospitality you showed us. Even after everything that happened..."

"Aw geez, I feel flattered. Having such a popular group come specifically to see me? I just hope your fanclub won't get jealous and come kill me themselves." Tae joked. All the members chuckled. 

"Alright, I think it's best if we don't crowd the patient." Namjoon said. Everyone agreed and said they farewells, flooding out of the room. Tae'd guessed most of them would head home and pass out instantly. 

At the end, only Jungkook, Lisa, Jimin, and Yoongi stayed behind. Taehyung met eyes with Yoongi and smiled. His eyes teared up again and he moved beside him, lightly tapping his arm, "You idiot." he whimpered. 

Tae chuckled, "Aw, Hyung don't cry." he whispered, but he was already sniffling. Tae wiped his tears with my grown sleeve, "I'm not used to you showing so much raw emotion so fast." 

"You're the only guy that's made me cry three days in a row." he chuckled. Tae smiled, knowing he didn't really mind, "Guess I'm pretty special then." 

Taehyung felt a pair of eyes staring at them and glanced at Jungkook, who had a sad expression on his face. "What's wrong, Jungkook-ah?" He shook his head, "I'm...happy for you two."

He tilted my head in confusion, "Huh?" 

"I know it was private...but I saw you two at the park. I know you guys are dating." he smiled.

Yoongi's head jerked up and his gaze went towards Jimin. "You've got it wrong I-"

Tae grabbed his hands, stopping him from his speech, and smiled, "Thanks, Jungkook-ah"

Beside him, Jimin's eyes dimming in pain.