Chapter 6

"Morning" yoongi greeted with a blank face and a small suitcase in front of Tae's hotel room. Taehyung was still a bit drowsy as it was still only 6 in the morning and he'd been woken up by the doorbell.

"Am I dreaming?" he yawned, reaching his hand out to Yoongi's face. "If that hand touches my face I'll bite you." Yoongi scowled. Tae instantly woke up and retracted his hand. "Oh, hyung. Why are you here?"

"I told you last night didn't I? I'm taking the earliest train here." Yoongi remarked. "Sadly I haven't booked a room yet in my pursuit of haste and thus have decided I'll be bunking with you."

"Oh ok! But I only have one bed so we'll have to share." Taehyung smiled. Yoongi forced down the smile urging to form on his lips, "Mkay. It's cool." he said cooly as he entered the large room.

"I have to warn you, I'm a hugger~" Taehyung teased as he closed the door. Yoongi chuckled, "We'll see who'll be hugging who." he whispered.

"Alright then. I'll go wash up since I've got to go meet up with the boyband to fulfill their unreasonable expectations but you can go unpack." Tae sighed. Yoongi nodded and moved to the bed to unpack his luggage.

Ten minutes later Taehyung came out of the shower, hair damn and fully clothed, much to Yoongi's dismay. "Alright then, I gotta go now hyung, but can you take care of handling the doves yourself?" Tae asked as he checked his phone.

"I dealt with 120 doves. I think I can handle 44." Yoongi grimaced, remembering his traumatic day yesterday. "Ok. Text me if you need my help. I'll be leaving now!"

"Get back safe!" Tae heard Yoongi yell. Tae took a mental note to grant Yoongi's wish before rushing out of the hotel.

——

He didn't think it was possible, but the members were actually being nice to him. They hadn't asked for anything other than water and convenience store snacks for nearly 4 hours since he'd been there. He wanted to cry. It felt like a mother experiencing her children finally becoming more independent.

"Taehyung-ssi" the oldest member called out. "Yes?"

"The members and I wanted to apologise to you for yesterday. Actually, we don't really enjoy torturing you like that. Yesterday was just an extremely stressful day for us since it was the anniversary of our maknae's sister's death. She was our previous manager." he said sadly, "we were just venting our frustrations at you and we really regret it. Will you please forgive us?"

Tae's eyes softened, "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss. I understand. It isn't really easy to be happy when such a sad occasion was happening." he smiled. "Do you need to talk about it?"

"W-well, she was actually my fiancé and we were supposed to get married in a few months before her accident. She was on her way to our studio to fetch our mixtape but a truck driver had dozed off and hit her car by accident. We- I didn't even get to say goodbye." He was now sobbing into Tae's shirt as Tae continued to listen and pat his shoulder. "It's ok, let it all out."

"I regretted it so much." he choked, "I regretted not telling her I love her one last time."

Tae's heart stung at his statement, he knew exactly how that felt. He wanted so badly to tell Jungkook his feelings. To kiss his face over and over as he told him how much he loved him everyday. But of course, this sadness would at least prevent him from regretting.