Chapter 5

So maybe he wasn't fine.

It's been three hours since his arrival in Seoul and already the boyband had showered him with unreasonable requests. The oldest wanted sparkling mineral water from the mountains while the youngest wanted a massage from a famous specialist in Gangnam. He was so busy running around doing errands he couldn't fine the time to pick up the rings.

He had to resort to his ultimate weapon, Bogumie-hyung.

TaeTae|
Hyung~ Help~
I think I'm dying TT

Bogumie|
What's wrong Taehyungie?
Hyung will help~

TaeTae|
Can you please pick up Jungkookie's wedding rings from the shop?
The boyband members are driving me crazy TT

Bogumie|
Of course TaeTae~
Anything for my cute dongsaengs~

TaeTae|
Thank you Bogumie-hyung~
I love you <3

Taehyung sighed in relieve. At least one task was off his shoulders. Now all he needs to do is figure out how to smuggle tiger meat and kidnap a world famous chef into the country.

——

It was 10 p.m. and Taehyung was ready to pass out. He'd been run dry by the boyband all over Seoul all day. He didn't know how, but somehow he'd managed to keep them fairly satisfied.

My kookie~|
Hyung!
How was your day??

A small smile crept its way to his lips. Despite his exhaustion, the dongsaeng always had a special way of making him smile.

TaeTiger|
It was exhausting Kookie TT
I was basically their slave

My Kookie~|
Are you alright?
Are you too tired now?
I won't bother you anymore so get some sleep

TaeTiger|
No!
Keep me company~
Just getting texts from my cute dongsaeng's giving me a lot of energy already~

My Kookie~|
Are you sure you don't want me to come there and help?
You still need to pick up the wedding rings right?

TaeTiger|
It's ok Kookie~
Bogumie-hyung already helped me take it

There was a long pause and Taehyung wondered if Jungkook fell asleep in the middle of their texts.

My Kookie~|
That's good then.
I have to go hyung, Lisa's calling me.
Goodnight hyung.

TaeTiger|
Oh..ok
Goodnight Jungkook-ah

Of course. What did he expect anyway? He aggressively rubbed away the tears that formed in his eyes. He shouldn't be crying for someone else's fiancé.

He stood up and stomped off to his bed. He forced his eyes shut, trying to wipe away the frustration with sleep.

Minutes became hours and before he knew it, it was already 1 a.m. and his mind was still filled with the thought of his dongsaeng. What was he doing right now? Is he sleeping? Is he with Lisa? Is he thinking about him too? Of course not. Don't kid yourself.

His phone rung and his body stood straight. Tae eagerly grabbed his phone and checked who had texted him.

Yoongi-hyung|
Taehyung-ah
Are you awake?

His shoulders dropped a little in disappointment, but he texted him back.

Taehyungie|
I'm awake hyung
Do you need to ask me something?

Yoongi-hyung|
Yah
Why are you still awake?
Go to sleep

Tae gaped speechlessly at his unreasonable hyung.

Taehyungie|
Hyung why even text me if you don't want me awake TT

Yoongi-hyung|
I'm just making sure
You tend to overexert yourself these days

The corners of his lips tugged at his hyung's response. It was so nice to have his usually cold hyung care for him like that.

Taehyungie|
Aww hyung~
You care~

Yoongi-hyung|
Of course I do pabo
You're my dongsaeng
And I still feel guilty having you help me fix my mistake

Taehyungie|
I told you don't be hyung!
It would've been a disaster if you didn't ask for help otherwise
Luckily your cute dongsaeng is so dependable~

Yoongi-hyung|
This kid...
Well, you are pretty dependable
I already took care of the doves from Daegu
I'll come and help you pick up the doves tomorrow

Taehyungie|
You don't have to hyungie
I aready got Bogumie-hyung to help me

Yoongi-hyung|
...
I'm catching the earliest train there.
Goodnight

Taehyungie|
Hyung, you don't need to!
Hyung?

After a couple of minutes, Yoongi still didn't reply. Taehyung assumed he'd went to bed and placed his phone back on the bedside table. He laid back on his pillow, a small smile on his lips. He admired his Yoongi-hyung, always so dependable and straightforward. If only he was a little more like him. He dozed off to sleep a little after, completely missing the text that was sent and then unsent by Yoongi.

Yoongi-hyung|
I don't like it when you hang out with other guys