Chapter 35

Taehyung crashes himself into his chair, loosening the tie around his neck as he groans tiredly. His day was filled with meetings and he had enough of it. His work seems to never end, and he is beginning to feel lethargic. To add it up, the thought of Seokjin and Risa seems to linger in his head, creating so many assumptions.

"Why am I even—"

Before he could finish his sentence, the door to his office swung open and Karin gracefully walks in.

"There you are! It's almost 9, why are you still here?"

"Too tired to go home"

"Don't forget about your flight next Monday, and please remind Risa about it too"

Karin hops onto the table, swinging her legs as she laughs at the sight of her brother looking entirely annoyed as her constant mention of Risa's name.

"You're working too hard these days Tae. I know something that will help you"

Taehyung's eyes flick up, watching as Karin takes out her phone looking as if she is trying to call someone. And she is.

"Come innnnn. I am in Tae's room!"

He looks at her confusedly, trying to process the situation before a soft knock is heard at his door. Both of them turn to look at the door as it creaks open slowly. Eyes widened at the sight of the unexpected guest standing at the door, he slowly gulps as the sudden nervousness erupts under his skin. He has no idea for what reason but seeing her after thinking about her the whole day really makes his entire body freezes as he looks at her.

"You need my help?", she asked in a whisper as she closed the door behind her.

"Yes! Well, here is your patient. Treat him with care. I am going home", Karin hopped off the table, grabbing her handbag and her coat. Swiftly strolling across the big office, giving Risa a light hug before fleeing, leaving her standing still at her spot, confused at her sudden action.

"Wait what do you—"

"See you next week lovebirds!"

And with that, Karin closed the door behind her, not letting Risa finish her sentence. She smiles to herself thinking of their reactions when she left just like that.

"I am such a good cupid, am I not?"

Back in the office, Risa stares at the closed door, feeling breathless all of sudden and fully aware of Taehyung sitting behind his big wooden table. She couldn't believe Karin just ditched her after calling her about needing some help but then she ends up here—in Taehyung's office. She couldn't even move nor speak for a few seconds, feeling edgy all of sudden that her palms began to sweat.

What should I do now? What should I do now? Do I turn and greet him and act normal? Or should I just leave him? God good why am I nervous?