Chapter 45

The moment the waiter directs them to their table, Taehyung quickly pulls Risa's chair gesturing her to sit but then she froze at his sudden motion. It took her a while to process everything but then she quickly gathered her senses and slowly lowers herself to the comfy white banquet chair. Taehyung took the seat on her right, making sure to stay as close as he can.

The full-course dinner went smoothly despite the awkward exchange of greetings as people passed by their table, giving her a questionable look since none of them knows her. Many of the stakeholders, and their family members stopped by their table, expressing their warm wishes and gratitude for being invited to the dinner. Karin and the boys did most of the talking while Risa just nods and smile, looking as if she is lost but then actually, all she could think of is getting that ice cream she saw when she walked in.

Who wouldn't want ice cream anyway?

An hour or more has passed, Jungkook, Jimin and Karin have left the table, networking at their best leaving only Taehyung with Risa. The round table seems too big just for the two of them and till now, they haven't got the chance to start  a proper conversation.

 The round table seems too big just for the two of them and till now, they haven't got the chance to start  a proper conversation

"Are you getting bored already?", he asked lowly, eyes still focused at the small crowd in front of him.

"Bored? What is that?", she sighs as she takes another sip of the grape juice. "All I can think of is getting myself out of this dress and sleep comfortable in my pajama"

Laughing lowly under his breathe, he shakes his head trying to restrain himself from bursting out loud.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?"

"Apparently yes"

"I had a nightmare though. It could be from the texting"

Risa had to swallow her drink hard ,and glad she didn't choke on her own saliva when she heard that. Turning to look at him confusedly, she scoffs realizing that he was actually joking about their conversation last night.

"Too bad, I had a wonderful dream last night. Pity you", she replied.

"Is your fever easing down today? You slept the entire morning, didn't you?"

"I did. And no more fever. See? I wouldn't be here I am still feverish"

"Good. I was worried last night", his reply was almost a murmur.

"Wh-what did you say?"

"Nothing", he whispers to himself as his eyes wander around the brightly lit banquet hall, scanning every guest that is present.

Risa gulps as she suddenly remembers the dress she has on. It finally crossed her mind that she is actually attending an official event as Taehyung's girlfriend—for the first time ever. That sudden thought makes her entire body shudder , her insides anxious and her hands beginning to feel clammy. It's not the formality of the event that triggered it—but Taehyung sitting beside her.