Chapter 39

"That night, why didn't you leave?"

Great

Out of all better, safer, questions, he had to ask this question?

Feeling a sudden lump in her throat, breath hitching slowly as she tries to appear calm. Her thoughts begin rolling to the back of her head, wiping everything off her head leaving it blank. The question—that particular question, she has been trying to avoid and now he had to ask it again. Gulping slowly, she looks out of the windows as she tries to think of an answer. A suitable answer.

Unaware that they have actually arrived at the parking of the airport, flinching a little when Taehyung suddenly pulls the handbrake breaking the deafening silence. The sudden halt of the car makes her turn to look at him, and instantly regretting her own action. Taehyung is looking at her, staring at her with that familiar pair of cold icy eyes piercing right through her entire existence. Something about his stare at the moment that makes it hard for her to focus on trying to find an answer to his question.

 Something about his stare at the moment that makes it hard for her to focus on trying to find an answer to his question

"Risa, are you going to answer my question?"

Gulps

"It was just me being kind. Couldn't just leave you at the office when Karin asked me to help you", her answer came out monotone, like it was scripted from the back of her head.

"Really?", he asked, raising his eyebrows doubtfully.

"Yes. I am not ignorant to be ditching you in the middle of the night just because you fell asleep. I was being courteous", looking away, she looks out of the windshield, not daring to look at him anymore.

"Thank you anyway", he mumbles.

"W-Why are you thanking me?"

"It may sound weird, but I was so relieved knowing that you didn't leave that night"

-

Eri sits at the counter of her café, enjoying her morning watching every customer that walks in and out of her coffee shop. It has been such a healing activity for her, seeing their smiles after getting their drinks from her café. She feels happy and so thankful that she finally found the job she loves.  She has been confused about things she wanted to do after graduating but finally had it sort. Not that she wants to be managing this particular coffee shop her entire life but, it's a good start for her. Even her parents never ever once force her to do things that she couldn't enjoy. They have been nothing but very understanding when it comes to her life decisions.

"Eri?"

The sound of her name being called made her lift her head.

"S-Seokjin?"