Chapter 66

Her eyes instantly widened, flicking up just to find him gazing down at her with that gentle stare of his. She hates to admit that she loves his eyes so much, the way they can be so sharp yet so gentle and endearing at the same time.

Feeling waves of electricity sparking up to the top of her head, flowing to every inch of her skin numbing every thought in her head. The pit of her belly feels twisted, sucking the life out of her forcing her to look away, not braving herself to dive deeper into that pair of eyes.

"I think you're just confused", she stuttered.

"Confused?", he asked in disbelief.

"Mister Kim, I think you're just confused. I doubt that you are actually feeling anything towards me", she forcefully freed her hand and stepped back making Taehyung look at her with a big question mark on his face.

He just said that he loves her and here she is, telling him that he is just confused...?

"I am just going to pretend that this did not happen. I shall take my leave now"

Despite her heart beating so fast she could almost hear its thumping, she braced herself to turn around wanting to flee from this drama. Its too much for her to digest and she couldn't think. She didn't even know she had the guts to say that he is just confused about his own feelings.

The words ring in her head, combined with the endless loop of the everything she saw that night. The kiss between Hwayoung and him remains in her head for days, up till now, aching her heart endlessly. It feel surreal that she is now here, in a room alone with the man she has been avoiding since then. None of this is expected and now she had to face the entire situation on her own.

The image of the kiss fresh in her head, adding pain to her heart no matter how many times she tries to brush it off.

It still haunts her, making her doubt all the sparks between them.

"I can't believe you", his cold reply brought her back to reality

"I can't believe you too"