Chapter 48

Karin groans as she reads the name of the journalist that has requested to conduct a closed interview session with her. She doesn't mind talking to journalists, but this one—it caught her off guard. She reads the business card placed on her table once again, feeling her entire body shaken as the realization hits her

Cheon Hwa Young

Senior Journalist

Korean Media Group

"Hwa Young, so you came back, didn't you", she murmured to herself as she leans back onto her chair, closing her eyes shut.

The soft knock on her door startled her, making her flick her eyes open.

"Karin??"

"It's not locked. Come in. I was about to call you"

Slowly opening the door, Jimin walked in with a smile on his face, looking entirely in a good mood. He closed the door behind him before walking towards Karin's table. He saw the look on her face thus he quickly pulls the chair and settled himself.

 He saw the look on her face thus he quickly pulls the chair and settled himself

"What is wrong?"

"Look", she pushed the business card towards him, making his eyes fall upon the small white paper on the table. "I don't think we are ready for this"

Arching an eyebrow in confusion, he swiftly takes the card and brings it closer to his sight. His eyes widened as he reads the name printed on the card, lifting his head to look at Karin with a big question mark on his face.

 His eyes widened as he reads the name printed on the card, lifting his head to look at Karin with a big question mark on his face

"Hwayoung? Cheon Hwayoung? Taehyung's Hwayoung? But Hwayoung's surname is Jung? This is Cheon?

"Yes. Apparently, she works with one of our media partners now. I don't know how but it could be that she had a change of name when she disappeared. I did a research and it's her. She is Hwayoung. She has a different surname, I don't know how but I think that is how she got into  our media group"

"Could it be that.... she got married?", Jimin asked, sounding doubtful at the same time.

"If she got married, why would she want to interview me? She clearly knows Tae works with me, and she knows, we are partners with KM Group. I don't want to doubt her, but the timing is just...I just don't know if I can take—"