Chapter 62

She ends up sitting near the pool, wanting to be alone as she tries to calm the storm in her head. Lazy eyes gazing at the big emerald swimming pool, illuminated by the orange lights on the outside and inside. The pool area is closed but she didn't even care about trespassing. She needs to be away from people and this is the only place she could think of.

Her heart seems to beat in a way it feels too heavy, and every beat feels painful. She is clueless and lost. Just when she wants to admit the feelings to herself, things just had to go wrong.

Her instinct was right, they did get back together. What makes her think she stood a chance just because he was being kind to her?

She feels mad for putting herself in this position. At this point, disappointment is an understatement. She couldn't believe that she thought things might go the way she hopes. Hating herself for being vulnerable and reacting this way after seeing both of them kissed. Why must it affect her this much? It's not that she is in love with him.

Or she might be. Might.

The image of them kissing keeps replaying in her head, adding salt to the wound of her heart. She wants to shove that image out of her head, but she couldn't. Sighing to herself, she looks up to the starry night sky, trying to distract herself. It feels good that she can look up to the sky at times like this.  The sky has always been the only remedy she depends on. It is like a cure to the human's heart— a magical elixir.

"You're a mess"

-

Jungkook waits for Taehyung to finish his conversation with one of the guests before pulling him to the side so that both of them can talk. He might have pulled him a little too harsh that it made Taehyung looked at him with a big question mark on his face

 He might have pulled him a little too harsh that it made Taehyung looked at him with a big question mark on his face

"What is wrong with yo—'

"What the hell is wrong with you. I thought you have nothing with Hwayoung anymore?", Jungkook tried his best not to be too loud but then he sounded harsher than intended.

"What are you talk—"

"You know what I am talking about", he snaps.

"Jungkook, I really don't—"

Before he could finish his sentence, Karin came pacing towards them in a hurry making both of them turn to look at her.

"Where is Risa? I thought she was supposed to come down with you?", she looks at Taehyung with a confused face.

"She didn't—"

"I called her to check on you just now. She went up to your room to fetch you. Where is she....?"