𝐯𝐢𝐢.

For the rest of the week, Edward Cullen didn't show. Hazel grew increasingly worried about the boy. Each time she brought it up with the others, they waved her off.

"He's just headed out of town," Emmett grinned and swung his tree trunk of an arm over Hazel's shoulder.

"He'll be back soon," Alice added, pushing the arm off.

Hazel and Alice continued to work on their backstory. They'd either work at Hazel's place or in the library. And, by the end of the week, it was completed. Mrs. Keery was surprised when the two-handed it in and told them they were the first to do so.

The Cullens and Hazel also seemed to grow closer. Rosalie wouldn't make as many snide comments and sometimes forgot to plaster her scowl on her face when Hazel was around. Jasper had begun to speak more, even though it was just a few words here and there. But he never became less tense and uncomfortable.

"Are you excited about tomorrow?" Alice asked. Her, Hazel and Rosalie had just exited their math class.

"A little," Hazel shrugged.

"Only a little? Come on, Hazel, we're going shopping!" Alice shook her arm in a playful manner.

"Okay, okay," Hazel chuckled, holding up her hands in surrender.

"You won't have to bring that stupid baby, right?" Rosalie huffed. She sneered at the robotic baby in Hazel's arms.

"I'll leave Marco with Esme," Alice smiled. "She told me it would be okay."

"I've been meaning to ask about Jasper's baby," Hazel furrowed her brows. "I haven't seen him with it once."

"Jas told me his partner was taking it for the first week," Alice informed her, "and then she'd give it to him on Monday. He's working on their backstory so it's all fair." She shrugged.

The three turned in to the cafeteria. Immediately, they headed to the Cullen table where Emmett and Jasper were already laughing about something. As Hazel went to sit, she felt a hand on her wrist.

She spun around, "Christian?" The name left her lips as soon as she laid her brown orbs on the boy.

"Hey, Hazel," he plastered his signature smirk onto his face. "Ladies," he winked with a glance behind his best friend. The pair groaned and sat down at the table.

"What's up, buttercup?" Hazel grinned, pulling her wrist from the boy's grasp.

"You have to save me." He grabbed her wrist once more and pulled her away to the table with Minnie and Victor. Hazel could see the panic in his eyes. "I- I think I've got a stalker or something. Or maybe someone just really doesn't know how to express emotion."

Christian grabbed a pink card from the table and thrust it into her hands. Hazel waved at Victor and Minnie before opening it. The message inside was made from magazine letters. Hazel held back the urge to laugh.

'Melted chocolate are your eyes.
You make my heart take to the skies.
You don't know me, but I know you.
Figure out the clues and you'll find out soon.'

Hazel cringed at the message and looked at her friend. "Sorry, bud. This is your stalker, not mine." She pushed the note back into his chest.

Christian stared in disbelief as the girl headed back to the Cullen table. Even before she became their friend, Christian knew she'd say the same thing. It was just now that it hurt more.

The boy sat back down with Victor and Minnie. Minnie scooted next to him and patted his shoulder.

"It's okay, Christian," she comforted, "we still see her after school."

"Only if she's not with the Cullens," he spat. I bet she won't even have time for us on the weekend."

"On Saturday she won't," Victor spoke. The two turned to him. "She's going out with them for a shopping trip. I also heard that she did want to catch up with us."

"Dude, that's really creepy," Christian said and threw a well-aimed french fry at his face. "At least she thinks of us, though."

Jasper, who had been listening in on the three, could easily detect the waves of loathing radiating from Christian. It felt like he was suffocating. He immediately stopped reading the boy's emotions and turned back to his family's conversation with Hazel.

"-a bookstore?" Emmett cackled.

Hazel buried her face in her hands and the others could barely hear her comment, "I like reading, okay? Sue me." Emmett just laughed again. "At least I don't waste my time playing stupid video games."

"I will come with you if you want." Jasper offered. Hazel looked up and gave him a thankful smile. "I've been wanting to get a new book, too."

Hazel was confused by his sudden way of speaking. It was something she'd hear in a proper old movie. She noticed then how sometimes he'd act like he was from a different time. She just shrugged it off.

"And then after, we're going to see a movie right?" Emmett asked.

"Mm-hmm," Alice hummed. "And I promise it won't be a romance this time." Hazel almost snorted at the image of Emmett sitting by himself watching 'Dirty Dancing'.