𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

The night of the Prom. It was the one night of the year where no one had to worry about who they were and it didn't matter what you did. Everyone acted crazy, and crazy was the norm. At least, that was the way Hazel believed it to be.

"Are you ready yet, sis?" Anthony wrapped his small knuckles on Hazel's bedroom door. The eager tone in his voice brought a smile to Hazel's face. "Can we see what you look like yet?"

"Yep. I am now," Hazel answered, pulling open the white wood door.

Anthony gasped, looking over his sister. "You look so good!" He awed.

Hazel rushed to the bathroom and quickly checked her hair. She had fixed it up, brushing the curls so they weren't as much of a curly rats nests as she usually left them to be. She gazed at herself in the bathroom mirror, smiling at her refection. Rosalie had instructed Hazel on a sparing makeup look that she called elegant but natural, which she also said would enhance her features. The only thing that really popped was the touch of dark green eye shadow and crimson lipstick.

Hazel loved her dress much more than the makeup. It was the dress that Alice had wanted to buy for her on their first shopping trip together, so Alice had bought it on the surprise trip they had instead. The dress was an elegant dark green color. There were flowers, as the pattern, displayed all over it a few shades lighter. It had spaghetti straps and a heart neckline, one that made Hazel a little self-conscious. The tight-fitting top part stopped just above her hips and blended perfectly into the skirt portion with a black belt. The skirt stopped just above Hazel's knee and was the same dark green as the top, but it had no pattern. Instead, the skirt was decorated with black lace on either side. To Hazel, it was the most beautiful dress she'd ever seen.

And, to top it all off, Rosalie had allowed Hazel to wear a pair of black booties. She'd also given the girl a pair of earrings with black onyx in the center. When Hazel tried to ask if they were valuable, Rosalie refused to answer and just shoved her out the door.

"You have to come downstairs now!" Anthony grinned, grabbing his sister's arm and tugging her from the mirror.

He let her go once they reached the top of the stairs. Anthony ran down the spiral case first. Hazel took a deep breath before heading down. When she reached the bottom, she looked up to see Jasper standing there, looking fancy in a beautiful tuxedo. He took her hand and smiled.

"You look stunning," he whispered, bending low to her ear. Hazel flushed and turned to her awaiting mother.

Hazel's mother looked her daughter over, then broke out into a grin. She held up a camera and motioned for the pair to come closer. Hazel smiled, happily cuddling into Jasper's side. The flash went off, blinding the pair momentarily before Hazel's mother came up and hugged the girl.

"You look great," she signed when she pulled away.

"Thank you, mother," Hazel signed back. There was a light feeling in her heart, and Jasper could tell that Hazel was feeling more joy than she'd ever felt from the girl.

"You two and your other girlfriend need to go have some fun!" Anthony told them. He went behind the couple and began to push them toward the door. "Don't come back until one in the morning!" He grunted.

"Goodbye then!" Hazel waved with a laugh. She took Jasper's hand and lead him out the door, to the Jeep.

"What did your mum think?" Alice queried when the pair climbed back into the vehicle. "Did she like it?"

"She told me I looked great," Hazel beamed. "And Anthony was completely awe-struck."

"See. I told you the dress was worth it," Alice held out her hand to Hazel, who sat in the backseat, "you really do look beautiful."

"Thanks, Alice," Hazel laughed. " You look incredible, too. But are you sure you don't want me to pay you back? I'd feel really guilty."

"Hazel, it's all good." Jasper's slightly southern accented voice cam the girl. "We wanted to buy it for you. It's a gift. And you know it's considered rude to give back a gift you receive."

Hazel rolled her eyes. "Enough with the ethics lesson," she sighed. "We should go before we're too late."

"You know, I think this is the first time I've ever gone to prom," Jasper commented. Hazel stared at him as he pulled out from the curb.

"I think it's the same for me, too," Alice added. She turned to Jasper, then to Hazel with a delicate smile on her lips. "I'm glad that my first time going is with you two. It feels even more special."

"Aw," Hazel cooed, "that's so sweet."

"I don't think I've ever been more glad that we came to Forks," Jasper sighed. "I know that a lot of crazy things have happened recently, but it's turned out all good in the end."

"Yeah." Hazel smiled. "This is probably the craziest my life has been since my mother had to tell me that I was adopted once I found the papers."

Alice and Jasper shared a glance before turning to Hazel in shock. "What?"

"Mh-hmm, I'm adopted." Hazel shrugged. "Honestly thought you two would have figured that out by now."

"I mean, I suspected, but I didn't really think it was anything," Alice breathed. "I guess now we really have no leads on figuring out what it is that you can do. Or what you are." Hazel shrugged again.

"Welp, too bad. We should just go to Prom. I'll tell you all about it later." Alice and Jasper looked at Hazel, then each other. They were stunned to silence.

☆☆

A/N; Hi! I have no idea what to tell you guys except that this is the second last chapter I have for this book. X(

I have the beginning of the next book ready and written, and I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda nervous about it.

Anyway, continue on with your day!