𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

Come Monday, Alice had stopped dragging Hazel everywhere by her wrist. Instead, she now dragged the girl by her pinky. It was certainly an improvement, Hazel thought, as her arm wasn't aching anymore. But now, she was being pulled through a greenhouse by her pinky.

"Alice, slow down!" Hazel puffed. Hazel attempted to get Jasper to stop them by grabbing him, but she just dragged him along as well. "Alice!" The girl with a pixie cut finally stopped when they got outside.

"It was so boring!" Alice groaned. "I already know all of this!"

"So do I, Alice, but we can't just leave the group!" Hazel groaned. "We could get in trouble!"

"Goody two shoes," Rosalie commented as she marched out. The blonde have the smallest possible smile in Hazel's direction.

"Come on, Hazelnut." Emmett followed after his girlfriend. Hazel huffed and followed after the towering boy.

Isabella Swan came out, and Edward Cullen followed a little while after her. She and Edward came to the bus and Isabella and Edward exchanged a quick word that Hazel couldn't hear.

Alice moved from Hazel and Jasper and walked up to the pair. "Hi." She grinned. "Um, are you going to be riding with us?" Hazel couldn't help but smile at Alice.

"No, our bus is full," Edward said with a glare at Bella.

He pounded on the door and they opened before he headed in without so much as a glance back.

Dick, Hazel thought. Edward sent a glare her way, too, and she immediately glared back.

"C'mon, Hazel," Alice gestured for the girl to climb on.

She took a look back at Isabella before doing so.

"That was rude, Edward," Alice scolded from her seat beside the boy in the back. Hazel took the spot next to Jasper and Rosalie.

"I don't care," he muttered, turning to the window.

"Well, you should! Bella's really nice and–"

"Alice, just stop." Hazel wanted to slap Edward for how rude he was being. "I–" he glared at Hazel and lowered his voice, "I can't control myself around her."

Doesn't mean you have to be such a bipolar asshole, Hazel thought.

"And you think Jas and I can with–" she gestured to the curly-haired girl seated not too far away.

Hazel made sure not to look at Alice and Edward, but she could definitely hear every word they said. Instantly, suspicion grew inside her at what they could possibly mean. Hazel knew one thing, though, that this was certainly dueling her theories. She was so ready to find out the truth.

A few days later, Hazel didn't see any of the Cullens at school. Her friends were relieved, especially Christian. It was his first day back since Hazel visited him, and one of the few sunny days of the year. Just to be sure everything was okay, Hazel sent Alice a text.

Hazel:
where are you guys?

Alice:
Our dad took us on a hiking trip.
Forgot to tell you.
He does it when it's sunny.

Hazel read the text over twice. There was a nagging feeling in the back of her head, but she couldn't pinpoint what it was.

"Yo! Earth to Hazel!" Victor waved a pale hand in front of the girl's face. "What's up, chicky-babe?" Hazel inwardly cringed at the name.

"She's wondering where her lovebirds have gone," Minnie cooed, waving her fingers at Hazel. Christian scoffed and turned away.

"No, I'm not," Hazel rolled her brown eyes. She thanked her phone back in to her pocket then tucked a curl behind her ear. "My mum just texted me. She told me she'd be home late tonight."

Victor perked up and looked at the girl hopefully. "Does that mean we can hang?" Hazel sighed.

"No. It actually means I have to cook, clean and help Anthony with his homework." It wasn't a lie. Hazel's mum usually came home pretty late nowadays, so they usually became Hazel's responsibility.

"But I'm sure your brother would like some more company." Minnie grabbed Hazel's arm and flashed her puppy dog eyes.

"That's only worked on me twice, Mins. I'm sticking to my original answer. No." Minnie and Victor groaned at the girl in defeat. "Another time, guys. I've got my own schoolwork to do."

"You fricking lame nerd," Christian teased. Hazel stuck out her tongue at the boy, who quickly repeated the action.

"Real mature," Minnie sighed, throwing a fry into her mouth.

"Give Anthony a high-five for me, okay?" Christian asked, ignoring the blonde. Hazel nodded at Christian's request. "Gracias perdedora." Hazel glared at the boy.

"You're welcome, Asshole." Hazel threw an apple at the boy.

Christian grinned and picked up an slice of mango. Hazel's face turned from one of victory to one of horror. She pleaded for him not to throw it, picking up a plastic spork. Victor and Minnie exchanged a look if disappointment before getting up and moving somewhere else.

☆☆☆

Gracias perdedor = Thanks loser