happy tears > g.d

"you almost done?" grayson asked me from outside my dressing room door.

"yes i'll be out in a second." grayson and i went shopping because i needed an outfit for the barbeque that we were having with mine and grayson's family tomorrow afternoon.

i had picked out a couple dresses and was trying them on as quick as i could since it was obvious that grayson was getting annoyed.

i was currently trying on a cute yellow dress that had flowers on it. (pic in cover photo)

i finished putting it on and walked out. grayson immediately put his phone down and looked up at me. i walked over to the mirrors to look at the dress on me.

"what do you think?" i looked at him in the mirror as he walked towards me smiling. he hugged me from behind, his arms wrapped around my chest and i put my hands on his forearms.

"i love it. you look so adorable." i blushed softly at his words and hid my face in my hands.
-gray's pov-
she covered her blushing face with her hands but i pulled them down. she looked at herself in the mirror.

"i think i'm gonna get this one. i love it." she turned to me. "yes?" she twirled around in it, making it fluff up. i nodded and kissed her softly. she smiled like a child and skipped back to the dressing room to change. i laughed at her cuteness.

little did she know i was going to propose to her while she wore that dress.
-time skip: day of barbeque-
y/n and i were getting ready to go to her parent's house, where the get together was going to be hosted. once we were finally dressed we went to the car and got in.

"oh wait..my phone. i'll be right back." i got out and ran inside. but the thing is, i had my phone in my pocket. i had run back in to get the ring box so i could actually propose.

i came back outside to the car after grabbing the box. i climbed in.

"got it?" she asked. i nodded and began driving, the ring box hidden in my pocket.

once at their house, y/n got the fruit bowl out of the backseat and i got the lawn chairs so we had places to sit without being on the ground.

we walked into the backyard through the gate on the side of the house. a lot of y/n's family was there, including a lot of my own. her mom approached us first, giving both of us hugs and telling us where to put our things that we brought.

once we put the stuff down we started socializing. y/n's little brother, micah, who's five and adopted, came running up to us.

"y/n! grayson!" he yelled. we both watched him run to us.
-y/n's pov-
i watched as micah ran up to us. grayson stepped in the way, allowing micah to run and jump into his arms. i smiled at the cute action.

"hey buddy! how've you been?" grayson asked, looking at micah.

"good." he replied. "did you bring anything?" grayson nodded. "fruit." micah seemed a little disappointed. "i was hoping for cake but that's good..oh! here comes cameron!" he jumped out of grayson's arms and ran to cameron, giving her a hug.

"well that was cute." grayson looked at me. "what?" he chuckled. "that whole thing with micah. you're gonna be a good dad." i grabbed his hand and we walked around to talk to more people.

finally it was time to eat, my dad had finished the burgers and my mom set up the table with all the toppings. once grayson and i got our food we sat down at the long adult's table, since we didn't want to sit at the kid's table with the crazy kiddos, and also since we're both 19.

after lunch someone turned on some music so we could just hang out, dance if we wanted to, just have fun.

about 10 minutes in, my mom came outside from the backyard garage that my dad built in. "hey kiddos! i set up a bouncy house for you! come on!" the kids all ran to it, taking their shoes off, and quickly diving in. it was truly a chaotic sight to see. my mom came back over and got her phone, changing the song to "perfect" by ed sheeran.

grayson and i looked at each other. this was the song we always slowdanced to in the kitchen.

grayson reached his hand out. "may i have this dance?" i chuckled softly, flattered by his action. i took his hand. "you may."

he spun me around before resting his hands on my lower back, mine around his neck.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

the song played again, but this time was faint. grayson let go of me and stood, still clutching my hands.
-gray's pov-
"y/n m/n l/n, ever since i met you i've loved you. you have always meant the world to me, and i want to share that with the world." she immediately teared up, tears slowly falling down her cheeks. happy tears.

"so y/n, will you do me the honor and..." i kneeled down in front of her. "and marry me?" she squealed and i chuckled.

"yes grayson! oh my gosh yes!!!" i put the ring on her small hand and stood up. she jumped into my arms as i spun us around slowly. everybody cheered.

i placed her down on the grass and kissed her lips, holding her tightly. when we pulled away, many people started coming up to us.

"she said yes!!!" i screamed. she held up her ringed hand triumphantly. everybody clapped again. i gave her a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

"i love you. so much grayson dolan."

"and i love you. so much, y/n dolan." i winked at her and she laughed, wiping the running mascara from under her eyes.
-time skip: leaving-
y/n and i went back to my car after telling everyone bye. she got in the passenger seat and i sat in the driver's seat. she held her hand out in front of her, admiring the ring. (picture at end of story)

"i still cannot believe this. i-" i kissed her mid-sentence. she kissed me back, holding onto my jawline with both hands on either side of my face. i pulled away slowly. "i love you so much." she smiled so big. i don't think i've ever seen her smiling so big and brightly.

i started the car and pulled out of the driveway, holding the hand of my girlfr- fiancé.

VOTE FOR A PART 2!!!