it still hurts > g.d

"gray, can i wear your hoodie?" i walked to his closet, wrapped in a towel as i had just gotten out of the shower. i grabbed my favorite sweatshirt of his and showed him, tilting my head slightly. he nodded, and immediately moved his eyes back to his feet. i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but decided to ignore his actions for right now.

i slipped on his soft, champion hoodie and a pair of my nike shorts before going to brush my hair out in the bathroom.

"wanna watch a movie or something? just until we get tired enough to sleep?" i chuckled softly and looked over to him. his head was hung low and his eyes were still down, he never once made eye contact with me. "babe?" i put down my brush and walked over to him, sitting beside him on the bed. "are you okay?" i heard a small sniffle before he looked up at me, his hazel eyes watery. my face immediately dropped as he looked at me, neither of us saying a word. he took a deep breath before speaking up.

"i-it's been over a year...an entire year, and it still hurts." his voice broke with each word, making my heart break with them. "when will it stop?" he began crying and i pulled him in for a hug. his tears fell onto his sweatshirt and i felt my eyes start to burn, filling with tears. i rubbed my hand up and down his clothed back, attempting to calm him.

he eventually pulled away and immediately wiped his eyes. i grabbed his hands and kissed his knuckles softly. "no one said life was going to be easy baby. i can't promise that you'll ever be perfectly happy, i can't promise that anyone will be perfectly happy. but i can promise to be right here with you through it all. i promise you. i'm here 'til the end." his eyes filled with tears again and i pulled him in.

"you mean everything to me y/n. i can't imagine not having you in my life. i love you. so much." i pulled away and wiped the tears that had fallen from my own eyes. "i love you grayson bailey. for ever."

"for ever." he mumbled before kissing me softly, the kiss being filled with passion.

"can we watch a movie now? i just want some cuddles." i rolled my eyes playfully and nodded.

the rest of the night was filled with two movies and endless cuddles.

"i love you baby. thank you for everything." i smiled. "i love you gray." then i fell asleep in his arms.

published may 5 2020
:)) I LOVE YOU ((: