they don't know about us > e.d

yes, i used a one direction song for inspiration. i'm not sorry though ;)

"baby, dinner's ready." ethan called from downstairs. i was upstairs sitting in our room by myself, looking at all the mean tweets about ethan and i.

"they need to break up"
"they don't even look that good"
"i bet y/n is just using ethan for the money"
"bet they don't even really love each other"
"ethan could do so much better"

on and on they went, no positive things about the two of us. i kept reading, though my vision was blurry.

"babe? y/n? i called you down like 5 minutes ago..you okay baby?" he walked into the room and squat down in front of me. my head was down, my phone sitting next to me, the tweets on display for him to see.

he picked up my phone and read through a couple of them before turning off my phone and tossing it back on the bed.

"baby?" he lifted my chin with his finger so i was looking at him through my teary eyes. "oh y/n." his voice cracked as he pulled me in for a hug. he held me close and tight, rubbing my back as my tears dropped onto his covered shoulder. eventually he pulled away, holding my hands in his.

"ethan, it's too much..i-" he kissed me softly, cutting me off.

"people say we shouldn't be together. but i say, they don't know what they're talking about. because our love only gets stronger. they don't know about the things we do. they don't know about the 'i love yous'. but if they knew, they would just be jealous of us. they don't know about the up all nights, they don't know i've waited all my life for a love that feels this right. baby, they don't know about us." he smiled at you as tears kept slowly falling.

"no, they don't know. but that won't stop them. they don't even know who i really am." he lifts my hand up to his mouth and kissed it softly. "exactly princess..."

"they don't know how special you are. they don't know what you've done to my heart. they can say anything they want, cause they don't know about us. they don't know what we do best," he whispered the next part,"that's between me and you, our little secret." i giggled softly at his sweet words.

"y/n l/n, you have my heart, always and forever. and nothing that they say," he pointed to my phone before continuing,"can change that." i hugged him tightly.

i never plan on letting this one go. ever.

"i love you baby girl. you're mine forever, you understand that, right?" i nodded and hugged him again.

"i love you."

published jan 13 2020