accident p2 > g.d

grayson's pov

i sat on the couch, tears slowly falling, my head in my hands. until my phone started vibrating on the couch beside me. i closed my eyes.

please be y/n. please be y/n.

i opened my eyes and looked down at my phone. 'baby girl' it read. i hurriedly answered the phone.

"baby?" i sniffled and wiped the tears off of my cheeks. "is this grayson dolan?" i scoffed. "y/n, you know me. i'm your boyfriend."

"okay so this is grayson. i'm r/g/n from (hospital name). your girlfriend, y/n, has been in an accident and is in surgery at the moment. if you can, please get here as soon as possible. thank you." the girl hung up, leaving me stunned.

a wreck?

i shot up off the couch and hustled to get out the door and to the hospital.

time skip

i walked into the dreaded building with its white walls. i ran to the front desk asking for y/n's room number.

"she is still in surgery but it should be finished in about an hour." i nodded as tears slowly filled my eyes. i dragged myself to the waiting area which was right across the hall from the front desk. i sat down immediately putting my head in my hands, letting my tears fall.

"grayson?" i heard about five minutes later. i looked up to see y/n's mom, dad, and sister walking to me. i stood up and hugged all of them. "is she okay?" her sister asked, tears staining her cheeks. i shrugged. "she's still in surgery.

her sister, y/s/n, is only 1½ younger than y/n. from what y/n has been telling me, y/s/n is her best friend. so being her best friend and her sister must be really hard right now.

i pulled y/s/n in for another hug and i held her close. i always wanted a younger sister to keep safe, but ethan is fine too. (a/n i think the idea of grayson having a younger sister and wanting to keep her safe is literally so adorable) "she'll be okay." i whispered as y/s/n wrapped her arms even tighter around my waist. i rubbed her back, letting her know i was here for her. (a/n freaking cute)

"y/n l/n is ready to see you now." y/s/n immediately let go of me and turned to see where the voice was coming from. we all followed the nurse to y/n's room.

y/s/n opened the door and we all followed her in, me being second, y/n's parents following behind me. y/n was in her bed, half-asleep. "y/n? you awake?" when she heard y/s/n's voice she opened her eyes and looked at her, smiling softly. "oh y/n!" she ran at her, crying and hugged her tightly. "be gentle!" her mom scolded, chuckling softly. "i was so worried." i heard y/s/n whisper. y/n rubbed her back softly, calming her down. "i'm okay" is what she kept repeating.

y/s/n eventually pulled away giving other people to see her. i ley her parents go first since i needed to talk to her. after a few minutes i got to talk to her. "can we have a few minutes?" y/n asked them, to which they nodded and walked out. i sat in the chair beside her and grabbed her hand, placing kisses on her knuckles.

"i" kiss. "am" kiss. "so" kiss. "sorry" kiss. she watched me closely, and i searched her face for any sign of forgiveness. i rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb, resting my head in my other hand, my eyes shut.

"g-grayson?"

i immediately opened my eyes and met her's. "yes?" her eyes filled with tears. "i-i'm so sorry." she sobbed. "i-i just left without even trying to solve the problem. this is a-all my fault!" i brought my hand up to her cheek and softly rubbed it, attempting to calm her down. "baby, shh. this is most definitely not your fault, okay? listen to me." she continued to cry. "baby. love. y/n!" i said loudly, catching her attention. "look at me. only at me." which is what she did, tears still falling. "this is not your fault. if its anyone's fault, its mine. i didn't even listen to you when you tried to explain. so you did try, but gave up. just like i did. i gave up on you before you gave up on the situation. and i don't blame you. i would've left too if it was me. but baby please. please forgive me. i can't do this life without you." my eyes filled with tears and she brought her hand to lift my chin so we made eye contact. she pulled me in a kissed my lips passionately. our lips molded together perfectly like we were made for each other. she pulled away, keeping her forehead on mine. "i forgive you." i smiled and kissed her again. "i love you y/n." she giggled. "i love you more gray."

i sat back down in the chair next to her bed, still clutching and rubbing her hand softly as her family walked back in. y/s/n sat beside y/n on the bed and her mom and dad sat on the couch in front of the window. we all talked for a while, enjoying each other's company. soon we heard a knock on the door and my mom and sister walked in. "cameron!" y/s/n yelled, running over to hug her. everyone said their hellos and gave hugs.

"hey y/n, how are you feeling?" she kissed her cheek and stroked her hair, pushing it out of her face. i smiled at their relationship. "i'm good. in a little bit of pain, but good." she laughed that gorgeous laugh of hers, bringing a smile to my face. cameron walked over to her and hugged her softly. "i'm glad you're okay y/n." she smiled down at her and sat down beside y/n's mom on the couch, my mom sitting next to cam.

time skip

my mom and cameron left about an hour ago, but i insisted on staying.

"alright y/n. i have to go back to work. is it okay if you stay here by yourself?" i spoke up quickly. "i'll stay. the night if she wants me to." y/n smiled at me and her mom motioned for me to talk to her outside.

"grayson, i don't know what we did to deserve you. thank you for treating my baby so amazingly."

"no problem. she means everything to me, and it's truly a privledge to be able by her side through times like this. so thank you. thank you for creating such a beautiful, kind-hearted human for me to love." she smiled widely, eyes welling up with tears, and pulled me into a tight hug before we walked back in the room.

"mom, can i stay with y/n and grayson? please?" i looked back and forth between y/s/n, y/m/n, and y/n. y/n's mom nodded, causing y/s/n to smile widely. they said their goodbyes, and then they were gone.

we played some games and talked a lot about pretty much anything. the nurse had to come in and check on y/n several times, just to make sure she was doing well. which she was.

time skip

it was late. really late. the clock on the wall read 12:31am. y/s/n was asleep on the couch, curled up in one of the hospital blankets. y/n and i were still awake, but very tired and ready to sleep.

"grayson?" i turned to face her. "yes babygirl?" she smiled at the nickname and grabbed my hand. "can you sleep up here with me? on the bed, i mean?" i smiled and nodded, chuckling softly. she scooted over, giving me room to crawl in beside her. i laid down under the blankets and she cuddled into my side, her head resting on my chest and one of her legs across mine.

"i love you babygirl. i'm so sorry this happened and-" she cut me off, our lips connecting, causing the butterflies to erupt, just like the first time.

"i love you more grayson bailey."

published feb 14 2020
this is very long but i hope you liked it :)