Info

I woke up to the smell of something really good. I rubbed my eyes and walked down the stairs, and found my bunkmate cooking in the kitchen.

I walked over to him.

"Whatcha making?" I said, and sat down at the black square kitchen table.

"Pasta, do you want some?" He said. I nodded and he sat a plate down in front of my face. It looked amazing, it was noddles and meat, with a thick white sauce over it. I took a bite and I was in heaven.

"Mmm" I said. He laughed, and blushed a little.

"What's your name?" I said, through a mouthful.

"Jorge," he said.

"I'm benji, and damn, you must get all the girls with that accent huh?" I said, laughing as I took a sip of water.

He shook his head.
"Mm, no, not really," he said.

"Oh, why not?" I asked.

"Mainly because I'm gay," he said. I turned bright red.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, I didn't know. Well I assumed but I didn't want to be rude," I said, spluttering out all of my words.

He laughed.
"No, it's fine. You're actually the first person to ever even think slightly that I was straight." He said, and then got up to rinse his plate.

"So, are you new here?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, actually, are you?" I asked. He smiled.

"No, I've been coming here for three years." He said.

"Oh wow, is it fun here?" I asked.

"Totally. There's all kinds of things to do here, that's why it's so expensive," he said.

"Oh, I didn't know it was expensive. My mom kind of just told me earlier today that I was coming here, and then we left." I said .

He raised his eyebrows.
"Well you guys must be rich then, there's a waiting list, so your mom had to of paid extra to get you in, especially in such short notice,"

I was quiet. Then he spoke up.

"I guess that explains your Gucci sweatpants then , huh?" He asked, laughing lightly.

"Oh, yeah," I said, only just now realizing I had them on.

"So, tell me about what it's like here. Will I be miserable?" I asked.

He looked shocked, as if he was taken aback from that question.

"You moss certainly will not be miserable. There's sport teams, art clubs, movie making clubs, plays, annual games, and break days," he said .

"Oh cool, which do you do?" I asked, hoping to have him as a friend and not get lost.

Plus he's nice.

"I'm a camp volunteer since I've been here for so long, I help decide the annual games schedule, but for the most part I do the art club," he said.

I sighed.

"God I feel like I won't fit in anywhere," I said. He put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him, not really knowing how I felt about his hand being there.

"You'll find your place, and you'll find yourself. I found out I was gay my first year coming here." He said, laughing. I laughed too.

"I mean, I like sports," I said.

"Good, tomorrow I'll walk you down to the sports center and then you can try out." He said.

"Sounds cool, but try out? There's a team?" I asked, genuinely confused by the whole situation. But that's normal.

"Yeah, they split the team of 40 in half to 20 and 20, and then they play against eachother. It's fun to watch, it's actually really hype." He said.

"Oh, okay. Well thanks for all the info, I'm really tired though, so I think I'm going to take a shower and go to bed," I said.

He nodded, and I was on my way to the shower.

I turned on the water and started washing my hair, I heard his footsteps walking up , so I figured he was going to bed too.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I opened the bathroom door and then I heard him on the phone having a conversation.

"Yeah , no he's so hot. Honestly I can't even function," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who's hot?" I asked. He jumped and his face turned red.

"Uh, oh, uhm" he stuttered, but the girl he was on call with answered.

"This guy that's Jorge's been crushing on, he's been coming here for as long as he has," she said.

"Olivia!" Jorge snapped, his face turning more red.

"I was just confused, sorry I'm a little nosy," I said, and then went on my side of the bunk bed and pulled my towel down, and put on some boxers.

I turned around and Jorge was staring at me.

"Do you need something?" I asked. He shook his head and turned his head back to his phone.

I climbed back into my bed and turned some music on then went to sleep.