Apology

I woke up early that morning. I slipped out of bed, cautious of the sleeping boy beneath me.

I tip toed down the stairs, almost falling in the process, and made my way to the kitchen.

A few burns, and one giant mess ( that I quickly cleaned of course) later, and I had chocolate chip pancakes.

Not for me of course.

I looked over at the clock

8:00 am

And I started hearing creaks from the stairs.

Just on time.

Jorge was awake.
He was in a big white tee-shirt, that was loosely dangling  from his body, a pair of red boxers underneath.

I hoped he had remembered what happened last night.

Then the night began to reply in my head

"What if I'm not ready for people not to accept me?" I asked, my voice cracking, he put his hands on my shoulders

"Benji, you were always like this, but now you just know," he said, smiling .

And then I collapsed in his arms, sobbing into his shoulder, as he just held me.

I pulled back from his shoulder, and we locked eyes

And then we leant forward and connected our lips.

God I missed his soft lips .

I broke out from the memory, blushing lightly, and watched as Jorge rubbed his eyes from tiredness.

"Benji-?" He yawned, raising his arms up and stretching, making his white shirt raise slightly.

I looked away. Not the time.

"-what are-" he yawned again, waking towards the table.

"-what are you doing up?" He spoke, ruffling his curly hair and finally realizing the sight in front of him.

There was chocolate chip pancakes on a plate, with a plate of cut butter, and warm syrup on the side.

His eyes widened.

"Did you? Did you make this for me?" He asked, blushing and looking everywhere but me.

I nodded.

"Yeah, I figured since you always wake up early to make me breakfast, that you deserved some too," I said. He blushed and sat down, helping himself to the pancakes.

Some syrup dribbled down the side of his mouth. It was so cute.

Sometimes when I think that way of him, my brain still winces, like I person that's been physically abused. Which I guess, in a way, my brain has been.

I shook my head, and wiped away the syrup with my thumb.

He looked up at me in awe. I licked it off of my thumb.

"You're a messy eater." I said. He rolled his eyes, and stuck his tongue out at me.

I smiled.

Once he was done eating, I took his plate and rinsed it off, placing it in the dish washer. I turned towards him.

"I want to take you on a date," I said. He smiled, but then the smile quickly faded.

"I think you should make things right with Abby. Maybe apologize first you know?" He said, crossing his arms.

My face dropped.
"Oh, yeah okay." I said, and picked my phone up, and then walked out of the door to go find Abby.

I walked to her cabin and nocked on the door, a tall, black haired girl answered the door.

"Oh, hi," she smiled looking me up and down. I felt a little uncomfortable.

"Uhm, is Abby here?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck. She rolled her eyes.

"Ugh. Of course you're for Abby, she always gets the hot boys. Yes she's here, just walk upstairs." She said.

I just ignored her comment, and walked into the house, and up the stairs.

And sure enough there she was. Wrapped in a blanket with tissues around her, and a sad movie playing.

I knocked on the side of the wall.

"Knock knock," I said, and she looked at me. Her mascara running, and her hair slopped in a messy hairstyle.

"Go away," she said. I shook my head and walked towards her.

"Abby, I just came here to say I'm sorry." I said. She stayed silent.

I sighed, and sat down next to her.

"I'm sorry for showing up to our date with hickeys. I'm sorry for leading you on. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. You just got caught up in the middle of something that shouldn't have affected anyone else , but it did. And I'm just truly sorry you did." I said.  She still stayed silent. I decided I had done what I came here to do, so it was my time to leave, I got up.

"W-wait," she said, I looked at her.

She closed her eyes and sighed.
"Could you just- ugh this is probably weird but- could you tell me who the hickeys were from? I feel like I deserve to know." She said.

And I blushed.
Flash backs of Jorge's soft , wet lips on my neck, sucking ever so slightly for a sting, and licking over it. God it was pure heaven.

"I- uh. I don't want to hurt your feelings." I said, she rolled her eyes.

"Benji you've literally already done worse than that. Just tell me ." She said.

I sighed.
"Jorge did it." I said. Her eyes went wide

"I- uh-oh." She said. She wiped under her eye and looked at me.

"I know I saw you kissing in the art room but I thought he had forced himself on you. I guess i was wrong." She said. I stayed silent.

She started laughing.
"What? What's so funny?" I said, kinda confused.

"I'm just so stupid. I should have seen it earlier. Oh god benji I'm so sorry, I've probably made you so uncomfortable." She said. I smiled lightly.

Then her eyes went wide.
"Oh shit! Jorge! We literally stopped being friends because I thought he betrayed me. Shit! I have to fix this. Let me clean up and go to your cabin to apologize to jorge." She said.

I just put my arms up in surrender.
"Hey, I'm not getting in between you two. I'm not going to take you to my cabin so you can apologize. You need to do it on your own time when I'm not there, so it doesn't look bad." I said

She nodded

"Okay, well, bye." I said, and waved, making my way down the stairs.

Once I reached the bottom of the steps, there were three girls.

The tall, black haired girl for earlier. One with dark brown hair, and darker skin. One with blonde hair.

"Oh shit, you're right he is hot," one of the said.

I furrowed my brows.

"Omg, are those hickeys from Abby?" The black haired girl asked.

I shook my head.
"No." I said.

They were silent after that. I just walked out the door and left.