Bruised

"Ah, Benjamin, I see we've met again." The girl , bright red lipstick, said.

I was in the behavioral office. But this time, it was for something I didn't do. This time it was for being punched, and kicked.

"It's benji. And it seems we have." I said, wincing , because moving my lips hurt my bruised face.

"So you've beat up Anderson, I see?" She asked, looking to him , who was siting next to me in the seat, without a single scratch on him.

I gave her a blank look.
"Please tell me you see the immense bruising on his face, and then you see his mayonnaise complexion." I said, rolling my eyes.

"We can't do anything to him without proof." She said.

"Oh, okay. But you can do it to me though, right?" I said sarcastically.

She sighed.
"We've called your mother." She said.

My eyes went wide.
Fuck. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for when I was going home, but not now. I'm not ready now. Shit.

"What?" I asked, my voice breaking as I was freaking out.

"Wow. Nice job benji, maybe your mommy can shift you back into place." Anderson said, from beside me.

I looked at him.
God , if I weren't in a behavioral office right now for litterally just fighting him, I'd kick his fucking ass.

"Okay. So you called my mom. What is she going to do?" I asked.

"She's going to have a meeting with you and I, and we are going to see if you continuing to attend this camp is something that's beneficial." Her lips smacked.

"Wow. You're gonna expel me for getting beat up? Lovely, I see how fair this is." I rolled my eyes.

Anderson just stood quiet.

"You may leave now, Anderson. But stay in the hall." She said. He nodded and left the room.

And then my mom entered.
Her eyes were as wide as saucers, and she instantly enveloped me in a hug.

"Oh benji, are you okay? What happened?" She said, pulling back from the hug to inspect my face.

"He was in a fight." The lady said.

"Oh, well, in the phone call you said he beat someone up. He looks like he was beat to a pulp." My mother said.

"He did beat someone up, didn't you see the kid in the hall?" She said.

"What? The kid with absolutely no cuts or bruises on him whatsoever? I'm sorry but if you called me down here for this I think there's a misunderstanding." My mom said, sitting in the seat next to mine. I sat down too.

"Mrs. Krol, I think it's best if we expel your son." She said.

"That's absolutely ridiculous. I paid seven hundred dollars for my son to be safe, and have fun, and you've let him not only be assaulted, but you're blaming him for it?" My mother said, her tone getting more angry.

Suddenly, Abby came running in with Jorge.
"Mrs. Fairchild! Look! Someone took a video of Anderson beating benji up!" Abby spoke.

She stuck the phone out, and there it was.

I was on the ground, being kicked, punched, and spat on.

The lady, who I now knew as mrs. Fairchild, was silent.

She looked from my mom, to me, back to the phone.

She could protect Anderson all she wants from people accusing him of doing things.

But she can't do shit now that there's literal physical proof.

"I see," she said," Mrs. Krol, im extremely sorry to have called you down here and wasted your time. Anderson will be expelled immediately. Fighting and bullying is something we have zero tolerance for." She said.

I looked at jorge, and his smile was so big. I wish that I could lift him up and kiss him. And tell him how sorry I was that he went through what Anderson did to him.

Sure, maybe Anderson didn't get expelled under the terms we wanted him to, but at least now he's going to be gone.

"Okay- uhm. Thank you? I'm going to talk to my son before I leave." My mom said.

Mrs. Fairchild nodded, and we all left the room.

Jorge looked at me and mouthed a 'later' to me, and he and Abby left the behavioral center.

"Benji." My mom said.

"Yeah?" I spoke, groaning a little.

"Why did you let that kid beat you up? I mean, come on. You've been in fights before, and you never just sit there and let it happen to you. Is there something you were trying to get him in trouble for?" She asked.

My stomach dropped.
God why did you have to bless my mom with being so smart.

"Uhm. No." I said.

"Benji." She said, reaching a hand out to stroke my hair behind my ear," who were you protecting?" She asked.

I looked down and sighed. I have to tell her now.

"My friend, Jorge." I said.

She stood quiet.

"What happened to him that needed protecting?" She asked.

I shook my head.
"Another time." I said.

She nodded.
She looked down at my hands, and then smiled.
"I like your nails." She said.
Fuck. I forgot jorge painted them.

I blushed, and tired to look away.

"I'll see you in a few days , yeah? I miss you." She said, hugging me again.

I nodded.
" ive miss you too. I'll see you soon." I said.

She turned to walk away, but before she completely left, she looked at me.

"You know you can tell me anything you want, right? I love you, and I'll love you no matter what." She said.

I nodded. I felt like crying, and telling her everything right now.

But right now isn't the time.

"I know mom. I love you." I said.

She smiled, and told me she loved me too, then left.

I got a text from jorge

"When you get back home I have to talk to you about something,"

I replied back.

"Sure thing. I love you."
Read.