02 | Primal

Two months earlier

Looking out from my window, the moon was calling me. The gentle breeze gifting me the smell of rich pine, awakening my senses even further. It was almost three, close to two hours before the rest of the pack rose at dawn. My wolf was agitated, I had neglected his need for freedom for too long. I needed to shift.

Walking down stairs, I made my way past the living room almost tripping on that fucking rug, again.

Christ, I have to remember to get rid of that thing. It's fucking ugly anyway.

Creaking as if in protest of being woken, I opened the front door, inviting the wild to me. One deep inhale and he stirs. Ears prick. Eyes track the blanket of clouds above.

He snarls with impatience and as my bare feet stride across the thickets of grass below, he breaks through.

His howl is primal. Raw. Fierce.

Taking off like a bird in flight, I am but a bystander as he takes control. The dirt beneath him ricochets behind like a field of arrows as he dives deeper into the forest ahead.

Spotting a hare, he licks his muzzle. An easy kill, but like every beast and man, it's all about the thrill of the chase. And chase he does.

Lunging over the moss covered logs, brustling through the thicket, he lurches forward. A sharp snap crunching the bones of his kill between his jaws. Hunger takes over as he shakes his meal savagely, blood coating his snout like war paint. But a few greedy gulps later and he has his fill.

Spending a while longer reacquainting himself with his land, the streams begin to play their melody to his ears as he looks to quench his thirst. He has earned it, and soon settles into a light slumber under the watchful eye of the moon.

Nearly an hour passes as he dozes by the edge of the Northern river, having reached one of the Cross River borders. I nudge him, but stay back, quietly observing as he stirs and sings his good bye to the moon. Moving to the forefront knowing that he is settled, I break my way back to the surface.

It had been a while since I have been out to these parts. I use the walk back to check our boundary lines whilst also appreciating the beauty around me. The forestry. The fields. The crispness in the air. As the moon gave way to the sun, I give her a silent thank you. I watch intently as families rise from their cabins and listen to the sound of hungry pups demand their breakfast. Allowing myself to be lost in a moment of jealousy, I know that the things you don't have are the things you want the most.

I couldn't heed my selfish thoughts any longer and allow myself a moment to acknowledge what I know I'm yearning for. I wasn't old by any means, but time in recent years had been spent building up and protecting my pack from chaos and anarchy. I missed not finding my mate. Not knowing who she was. Where she was. What she looked like... Was her hair long and dark as night? Or was it rays of sunshine? Her eyes... Her curves... What ever the case, I knew that I'd never witness true beauty until I found her.

As I reach the steps to the pack house, I sighed in frustration. Sitting down against the timber deck, I allow myself to be accosted by visions of her. Surely. Surely she is out there somewhere. The moon couldn't be so cruel, could she? An Alpha needs a Luna, but where the fuck is she?

~

Time passed quickly and we had everything planned. It was time...

"We leave at night fall. We can't risk being seen or heard. Each of us must take positions from our assigned checkpoints and work our way in."

We'd spent the last two months preparing for this moment. I knew my pack would never truly settle unless I eliminated the risk once and for all.

It was easier dissociating from what this really was: killing my brother. I have no choice. My people depend on me. I have to protect the pack.

We knew Jacob was hiding within the Shadow Moon Pack territory. A quick phone call to Alpha Greyson confirmed Neve's findings regarding the escaped she-wolf, Jacob's Rogue followers joining him on his pillage of their land. Leaving him to his own devices meant that his strength would grow. And strength uncontained is a threat to everyone.

With our warriors briefed and allies notified of our intent, it was time for each of us to enjoy a few final hours in peace. Some chose to mingle in the group hall, some chose to retreat to their dens with their mates and pups, whilst others preferred the distraction of a different kind...

-mature scene ahead-

I smelt her before I could see her. Stalking my way up to my master bedroom, I knew Eliza was waiting for me. Not going to lie, we'd been fucking for months but it was understood that's all it was. I knew she felt the same.

I've never been one to wait for my Luna, and nor would I demand her too either. It would be ignorant to expect wolves to maintain a vow of chastity when fucking was in our very nature. As long as they were two consenting adults, I could give two fucks who anyone slept with. Making love though, is something I longed to experience, but tonight I had other plans. I just needed an escape.

Her shadow gave way to her form as I opened my door. There was no denial from me that she was a beautiful she-wolf. I eyed her hungrily as she stood facing the glass window, gazing at the scenery below. She knew I was watching her and she fucking loved it, the essence of her arousal making her intent known.

Slowly, I walked behind her, taking my white shirt off before throwing it carelessly to the floor. The lamp on my bedside table illuminated the room enough that I could see her smirk from her reflection as she leaned against my window. Falling into her lustrous eyes, I pressed my chest across her shoulders, running my fingers across the length of her arm. Trying to control my haste, I lifted her navy dress up and grabbed her ass as I inhaled the waves of her claret colored hair. Her scent was floating off in heavy waves, coating the air like paint to a canvas.

Turning her around, I pinned her against the wall she was leaning on. Roughly pulling aside her panties, I thrust two fingers deeply inside her as she held her arms around my neck for support... parting her legs slightly, her impatience heightening her need.

Fuck me, so fucking wet.

Slowly rocking her as she rode my fingers, I gently kept urging her on. Her breath quickened in my ear, as I laid gentle kisses down her neck. Her body prepared to lose all sense of time and place as I held her close, continuing to stroke her from within. I watched as her head fell back, subconsciously widening her hips to take more that I had yet to give.

And there it was. Flesh from my neck tore open as she clawed me, desperately trying to maintain some semblance of control as her body became undone. Almost hypnotically, she writhed through her orgasm, as I used my free hand to release myself from my jeans. And in just one swift motion, I sunk into her, feeling her warmth wrap around me as I gave into my own sense of desperate need.

If I was going to go out, I was going to go out with a bang...

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying my story.