19 | Cheers

Gabriel

As my wolf cocooned her wild form, I knew that I could never let her go. Of course, my wolf did not sleep. In doing so, there would have been missed opportunity... Miesha had occupied my dreams countless times, that it almost made this moment illusory. But, here she was. 

Breaking the quiet dead of night, the sounds of fauna signaled the waking of the forestry around us. I didn't want the night to end. Taking a cool breath of spring air, my wolf caught the scent of nearby prey, a deer frolicking near the brook beside us. 

Miesha stirred.  

Gently resting her head down, my wolf stood before shaking his fur and stretching his legs. My wolf spotted the deer, before stalking slowly towards it. Once close enough, my wolf emitted a low snarl before launching himself into the softness of it's neck. The action was almost silent. Attempting a slight scramble, the deer quickly admitted defeat as my wolf held it's neck firmly in his jowls until the last breath escaped it's lips. 

Turning to drag it's carcass, my wolf caught sight of Miesha's wolf ambling over. She is hungry. Her wolf continued towards us as we did her, not losing grip of the morning gift from his jaws. It is my wolf's instinct to provide for his mate. Wearing his pride, his eyes lit up in triumph bringing forth his offering to her. She needed to see kindness from her mate. She needed to be treated as the Queen she was. Nudging the deer towards her, my wolf motioned for her to eat first. She was hesitant. My wolf stood, turning away from her to keep guard so she knew I wasn't going to take it away. 

My wolf waited until she was completely satisfied before joining in for our shared meal. Coming in closer, he waited for her response. Waiting. Peeking from under her lashes, she gave the briefest of nods before continuing her meal unperturbed by our presence. Taking her gesture as silent permission, my wolf stood beside her and clamped down on the remnants of the deer's leg before ripping it from it's lifeless form. 

There we stood. 

Together. Sharing. Bonding. 

The only sound was the crunching of bone between our jaws and the rumbling of satisfaction, and I felt proud to have given both to her. I want to provide for her. 

As dawn broke we continued to revel in the moment... my wolf nudging his blood coated snout  in search of final scraps beside her. He had never expected that he'd be sharing a meal with his mate. It was sacred for wolves. For our culture. 

Once our bellies were full, Miesha's wolf sat before licking her paws dry. I kept watch. I will always keep watch.  But, what she did next was unexpected. As I stood over the ridge watching the sun greet us with it's weary face, Miesha's wolf strode beside me. Looking right through me, her gaze lingered, her stature showing no submission, but her actions were clear; she saw me as her mate. And just like a pup, she licked my muzzle, tugging slightly at my jaw... pulling.... trying to get my attention...she wanted to play. 

Letting out a yip, she moved backwards before stretching her front legs out... Raising her hindquarters in the air she wagged her tail, signalling a play bow. And the whine.... I let out a chuckle, my wolf was amused at this creature. She was like a mosaic, fragments of a thousand unique pieces that when placed together were all kinds of beautiful. 

Excited at her invitation, my wolf lunged up on his hind legs, vocalizing his pleasure before inviting her to play wrestle. Push. Wait. Pounce. 

Sook. 

Their uncontainable enthusiasm boiled over as they lurched towards each other before wrestling on the ground. Legs kicking furiously, they scrambled and tumbled, groaned and whined as they played until I felt her strength fade. Despite being physically tired, her wolf's presence was indomitable. She would rise again. 

Carefully, my wolf used his canines to pull her up by the scruff of her neck before motioning towards the pack. 

It was time to go back to reality... 

~

Shifting back as we reached my house, we put our clothes back on in silence. She clambered up the steps in front of me, before I stopped. 

"Wait..." 

As she turned to face me, I stepped closer, looking up to her as she stood one step above. My hand reached to her face before she furrowed her brows, curling her lips in annoyance.

"It's not what you're hoping for Miesha..." I gently teased. 

She rolled her eyes. 

That's my girl. 

"You have a.... beautiful... delicate... twig in your hair." 

I couldn't hide my smirk. Plucking it out, I waved it in front of her vision, pretending to inspect it in wonderment before tossing it behind me. 

Scoffing loudly at me, she shoved my shoulder before turning her back on me, leaving me to call out in her direction, 

"Yes, I'd love a coffee Miesha, you know the cup I like..." 

Heading to the office briefly, a few minutes passed as I made a mental note of what I had to get done for the day, organizing my things before making my way to the kitchen. Meisha had already gone upstairs to get ready for another morning of training with James, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I looked out the kitchen window as I reminisced on the night that was. Still, I couldn't quite believe it.  

What I didn't fail to notice as I leaned over the counter was the steaming hot coffee within my charcoal colored ceramic mug that was there waiting for me. 

Shaking my head slowly, I couldn't help but chuckle at her. 

Circling my coffee mug in my grip, it dawned on me that Miesha undid me in every possible way and there was nothing that I could do about it even if I wanted to. 

Cheers, I thought. Cheers.  

Thank you for reading

Don't forget to vote and comment if you are enjoying my story.