019: testing your limits

nineteen

nineteen . . . testing your limits
( january 28, 2150 — ice nation territory )

          AS INDRA HAD ordered, their next destination was the trading posts bordering the Ice Nation territory

          AS INDRA HAD ordered, their next destination was the trading posts bordering the Ice Nation territory. When Cullen found out their location from the Trikru woman, she was initially worried on their behalf — the Azgeda warriors she had already met did not seem friendly enough for Cullen to want to step foot onto their land willingly, never mind in search of the symbol their Queen was desperate to behead.

Nevertheless, she followed in after Kane when they reached a trading post where Indra was sure she'd be able to get some information. The woman they met, who Cullen distinctly remembered was called Niylah, was being beaten to a pulp by an Ice Nation bounty hunter in demand for the information she had on Wanheda's whereabouts. Fortunately, Bellamy had entered the trading post with enough time to shoot the man dead before he was able to amputate Niylah's hand — this seamlessly gained them enough leverage to ask if Niylah had noticed Clarke pass through.

According to Niylah, Clarke had been there the previous night, and disappeared while the woman was asleep. She stated very clearly that Clarke hadn't shared any indication as to where she was headed, but tipped them off by saying the bounty hunter Bellamy had shot dead had a partner, and he was of Ice Nation. Niylah assumed he had come back for Clarke, and that that would be where the sky girl was being taken. It hadn't taken much for Niylah to tell Skaikru and Indra whatever information had on Clarke, which Cullen was sure to thank her for before they left.

From there, Monty was able to find fresh tracks leading into the woods — two sets of footprints, one that seemed a bit distorted. Unfortunately, the tracks were surrounded by trees, meaning them having to leave the rover at Niylah's trading post if they wanted to continue their search for Clarke; they had come so far, and Bellamy more than anybody was not willing to give up.

They had been walking for a while, the January sun heating the back of Cullen's neck as she walked alongside Monty and Hannah, Bellamy and Pike not too far behind them, Indra leading the way with Kane close behind her. The Trikru woman was in full concentration mode, taking the lead above Pike, who had been asking Bellamy various questions since they left the trading posts.