044: to live or to die

forty four

forty four . . . to live or to die
( march 20, 2150 — arkadia )

          STAYING TRUE TO her promise, Cullen went by Medical later in the day so she could check on Octavia

          STAYING TRUE TO her promise, Cullen went by Medical later in the day so she could check on Octavia. She knew the Blake girl was going to be as fine as she was in the early hours of that morning, but per Bellamy's request, and her own sneaking curiosity, Cullen found herself walking to Medical with more than a few questions on her mind.

She passed Niylah on her way in, smiling warmly to the Grounder woman who had been nothing but kind to them. Cullen liked Niylah, possibly more than any other Grounder she had met, disregarding Lincoln. She was kind, and hopeful, and despite receiving hostile behavior from certain members of Skaikru, continued to offer her services where she could — this was without the promise of anything in return, something Cullen could never overlook.

Entering into Medical, Cullen saw that there was only Octavia and Ilian that occupied the room, both looking as though they'd rather be any other place in the world. Octavia sat on the edge of her bed, feet dangling as she raised and lowered her right leg several times, just like Clarke had advised her to. Ilian was lying on his back, wrists bound to either side of the bed by his head, ensuring he couldn't escape at any given moment.

Looking away from the Trishanakru man, Cullen moved her green eyes to Octavia's blue ones, breezily ignoring the scowl that seemed to be burned into her features. "Hey. How are your stitches doing?"

"Fine." Octavia gritted out, belligerent eyes warning Cullen away from taking a seat on the opposite bed — she sat down anyway, keeping the smile firmly on her lips. "Niylah's already been here. I don't need you to do anything."

"It's not a case of what you need, Octavia. It's a case of what I need to do now that both Abby and Clarke have left me in charge of Medical." Cullen replied, sighing tiredly while dropping her smile. "I just need to check the initial healing is going the way it should be."

"So you can run back and tell my brother?" She sneered.

She had been there no longer than thirty seconds, and was already regretting making the promise to Bellamy. "Whatever's happening between you and Bellamy, stays between you and Bellamy. There's no reason for me to get involved." When Octavia didn't let up, Cullen sighed again, and looked more persistently at the younger female. "I'm just here to check your stitches."