025: patience to plead

twenty five

twenty five . . . patience to plead
( february 17, 2150 — arkadia )

          WHEN FOUR CAME around, Cullen couldn't have been less discreet in wanting to find Kane — she practically ran around the Ark in search of him, desperate to hear how the rest of their plan was going to play out

WHEN FOUR CAME around, Cullen couldn't have been less discreet in wanting to find Kane — she practically ran around the Ark in search of him, desperate to hear how the rest of their plan was going to play out. All she had gotten out of him were the basics of his and Pike's conversation, which consisted of him advising Pike to hand himself over to the Grounders so that they could stop the war that everybody knew was coming. Of course, Pike didn't go for that, but Kane made it clear that that was the plan.

Cullen found Kane in the hangar bay where the rovers were parked. It was just him, with no sign of any accomplices around them; perfect for anonymity, meaning passersby wouldn't question Cullen talking to Kane. The Vander female didn't consider herself to be a high target on Pike's hit list, but she was most definitely a subject worth questioning — her status on the down low had to remain prominent, meaning talking to Kane out in the open was stepping into risky territory, but Cullen being the inquisitive person she is, didn't take that into account when she initially sought out to find Kane.

"Sinclair." Cullen repeated after hearing Jacapo Sinclair was their way around stopping the rover from leaving Arkadia. "Sinclair is the plan."

"Yes. He's in lockup right now with Lincoln, telling him the plan." Kane informed, attention focused forwards as he surveyed Monty checking the rover that Sinclair had been 'tampering' with.

She nods along with him, her own eyes flickering around the room, wanting to focus on something that allowed her attention to remain on the conversation she was having. "And the plan is?"

Kane cleared his throat, moving his hands from their place on his hips, to folding his arms firmly across his chest. "Pike's scheduled to come in here and check over the rover in a few minutes, and when he does, you and I will be here to talk to him and distract him."

"Distract him from what?" Cullen pondered.

"From what's gonna happen in lockup. Bellamy's gonna get called to the cell, where Lincoln and Sinclair will distract him long enough for us to get Pike out of Arkadia and to the blockade." Kane finalized, looking across to Cullen when he sensed more questions in the making. "It'll work. It has to."