054: we will rise

fifty four

fifty four . . . we will rise
( march 31, 2150 — second dawn bunker )

          BELLAMY WASN'T RETURNING to the Second Dawn Bunker

          BELLAMY WASN'T RETURNING to the Second Dawn Bunker. Neither was Clarke, or Raven, or Murphy, Emori, Monty, or Harper — they weren't coming back. This devastating revelation came about Cullen when she finished comforting Miller about the loss of his Father. She had been making rounds on the people that had just awoken from the knockout gas, and broke the news to them that the decision had been made based on a fair judgement they had settled on a while ago; her last stop had been Miller, before she made her way to the main office where Octavia had last been spotted attempting to contact Bellamy and Clarke.

It was an accidental eavesdrop, and one that would solely crush every remaining emotion Cullen seemed to be clinging to. Her optimism — her desires — her hope. It had all been stripped from her like a split second bullet wound to the chest, leaving her emotionless outside of the main office. She had intended to step inside, but after hearing what would be the reveal of Bellamy, Clarke, Raven, Murphy, Emori, Monty, and Harper's future for the next five years, she found herself being physically unable to move.

"Five years." Octavia breathed. "Can you really survive up there?"

"Raven says we can." Bellamy's voice was muffled, but held the same tone Cullen could recognize anywhere. It was gruff, scraping against his throat as though it pained him to get the words out — if only he knew what Cullen looked like on the other side of the radio. "As soon as it's safe, we'll find a way back down."

Another bullet wound to the chest. Raven's rocket was as operable as they could make it be in the few remaining hours they had before Praimfaya hit Becca's Island. To add onto the insanity of their plan to return to space and live on the Go-Sci Ring for the next five years, they didn't have enough fuel to get them back down to Earth when it was survivable again; Bellamy had quoted Harper by saying, 'a problem for five years time'.

"We will meet again." Bellamy promised, and though the words were spoken to his sister, they caved the backs of Cullen's knees, and threatened to topple her to the floor.