047: dying for the stars

forty seven

forty seven . . . dying for the stars
( march 25, 2150 — arkadia )

          WHEN CULLEN RETURNED to Arkadia the next day, she found Bellamy passed out drunk on his bed, the note she had left him detailing her whereabouts crumpled in his hand

          WHEN CULLEN RETURNED to Arkadia the next day, she found Bellamy passed out drunk on his bed, the note she had left him detailing her whereabouts crumpled in his hand. The sight saddened her, making her think of what it would be like if Bellamy was to lose hope that they were going to find a way to survive Praimfaya — she was fortunate he still had hope, she realized as she tugged off his boots, slipped off his jacket, and pulled the covers over him. She kissed his temple, and promised to tell him everything about what they had discovered the second he was able to obtain information for longer than a minute.

That was four days ago. It had been four days since they discovered the Second Dawn Bunker, and Jaha had finally concluded it was time to tell their people. Since the discovery they had been figuring things out, mainly the alliances they had formed and how that would come into play when it came to moving into the bunker. Skaikru and Azgeda were allies through Alpha Station, and Clarke's further promise that she would personally find a way for them all to survive — Skaikru and Trikru were allies through discovering the Second Dawn Bunker together, and Jaha's promise to share the bunker with them as a thanks. Azgeda and Trikru were not allies, however.

The alliance situation fell upon Kane, who had left that morning to meet Clarke, Abby, and Abby's group on the other side of the sea that separated the land from Becca's Island. Telling Clarke about the Second Dawn Bunker had been one of the first things they did when they returned to Arkadia the following day, though when Kane informed Abby that they had made another alliance, everybody was to keep that fact concealed from Clarke; Cullen wasn't getting involved. Her job was to help Jaha round up their people and tell them the good news: that Skaikru was going to survive, and that they would be leaving the following morning.

Cullen stood beside Monty and Harper in a sea of their people, listening to Jaha's announcement of their discovery. Only a few people knew, so when Jaha announced, "There's a bunker, and it's ours," Cullen was able to happily smile when the spirits of Skaikru were lifted.