038: deserve the incoming

thirty eight

thirty eight . . . deserve the incoming
( march 12, 2150 — arkadia)

          FOLLOWING CLARKE'S ANNOUNCEMENT six days prior, claiming that if all members of Skaikru worked together to help fix Alpha Station, that it would sustain them all in the escape from Praimfaya, nobody had stopped

FOLLOWING CLARKE'S ANNOUNCEMENT six days prior, claiming that if all members of Skaikru worked together to help fix Alpha Station, that it would sustain them all in the escape from Praimfaya, nobody had stopped. It had been constant working through Arkadia — night, and day — in preparation for when the radiation came. Everybody was living Clarke's lie, and only a handful of people knew it.

That day had been more exhausting than most. Cullen had been assisting Raven in sealing the panels in Sector four, them having finally finished the entire job. It had taken them six days of nonstop working, but they eventually sealed the roof, and the leak that dripped into the Chancellor's office was no longer a problem. Raven had said it felt like one less burden now that the roof was fixed, saying something to Cullen about not being sucked into the atmosphere when they took off from Earth — Cullen, having no knowledge about aerodynamics, was simply pleased she was able to tick one thing off hers and Raven's list.

Bellamy had had an exhausting few days, too. He, as well as a hunting party put together by Niylah, had been gone for the past four days, hunting through the woods as far as they could go for meat to store for when they were in space. Cullen had learned from the man that in their first few days on Earth, Bellamy had taken a liking to hunting, reasoning why he offered to go along with Niylah to help; that, and the fact they needed more hunters to bring back more food. Rationing had already started, with Bellamy telling Cullen not to worry too much about how they're going to feed themselves when in space.

It was fair to say that when Cullen and Bellamy returned to Bellamy's residence, where Cullen had been staying since they returned from Polis, both of them were equally as exhausted. Cullen had collapsed straight onto the bed, Bellamy doing the sensible thing in removing his jacket and his boots before he fell down next to her.

"Six more months." Bellamy sighed, Cullen rolling her head to look at him. "Six more months and then we can rest."

Cullen hummed. "For how long?"