41 | new style

Double update today! I didn't want to leave you with -again- Isabelle and Amanda annoyingly pushing each other away ahah.
This one is lighter even though the beginning is clearly not lmao, you'll understand.

I really hope y'all are doing great. And hopefully those chapters will entertain you during this quarantine!

Stay safe🤍

It took me only a quarter of second to understand where I was, despite the absence of light around me.
Just a straight line of sunlight was on display in front of my eyes.
My hand slowly reached towards the source of the light, but instead of pushing the wooden doors of the closet I harshly gripped them, doing my best to hold them shut.

My breathing was thick and heavy and small drops of sweat were rolling down my forehead as noises could be heard downstairs.

Mommy wasn't home.
But this guy was.
And he didn't like me.
That's what I had learned with time. So the second I saw him pass our front door, I ran to hide, silently crying out of utter fear.

This tall man was full of anger, and the only way he knew to release it, was using his hands. Which hurt, I also knew that.

I once tried to tell my mum, but she had just snapped at me, saying that I was stupid and innocent. Well even being stupid and innocent, a punch in the face remained a punch in the face. I knew for once that I was right to say this was very wrong. People often hurt themselves, like my mom. Because when she took alcohol it meant she was disappointed in what her life looked like, and when she took this little white powder looking like flour, it meant she couldn't stand eyeing her own reflection in the mirror.
When she took the both of them, well...
I had tried to hide them for her, it wasn't a victory for me.

People very often decided to hurt themselves physically because they found comfort in it somehow. That wasn't fine, but there weren't much you could do to stop them.
Well at least as an invisible child I couldn't do much.
Now hurting other people was cruel. Only monsters did that.
He was definitely one of my monsters.

I could hear his loud steps in the cracking stairs, letting me know he was getting closer to me.

Rapidly I glued one of my hand to my open mouth, doing my very best to not breathe too heavily even though I couldn't really control it, as tears were joining the drops of sweat.

I was still too loud. And hiding in my own room wasn't maybe the best idea.

In a matter of seconds, he entered the room, causing me to sob uncontrollably, remembering the last time he had done it.
I hadn't been able to go to school for two weeks.

What had to happen finally happened, the doors flew open, making me gasp and fall right at his feet as I was strongly attached to the handle.
For the third time already, he had found me.

"Amanda. Wooowoo. Hello." Called a far voice, not strong enough to make me come back to consciousness again.
But the pillow did.

I quickly opened my eyes, hands over my head as an unconscious protection move, which she fortunately didn't see like that.

"You made me do it." She said, dropping the pillow on my bed.
"C'mon you overslept."