53 | glitter and confetti

*quite a long chapter!!*

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed and a disappointed sigh leaving my lips.
But the simple thought of having her in class today pushed me out of my cold bed.

And as I was getting ready, I couldn't help but smile at those post-it she had spread in my room, appearing in my sight at the perfect moments.

How could she manage to make me smile and not even be physically there?

Realizing I also wanted to be the reason of a sudden smile on her face I quickly grabbed a paper and wrote down my thoughts, before pushing it under her door.
And yes I made sure nobody was around. Most of the girls were still getting ready in their own room.

Amanda's point of view

« My eyes met many eyes, but only got lost in yours » [author:?? sorry] she had written on a piece of paper earlier this morning.

Those words unconsciously repeated themselves in my head as we were having breakfast. And I could only agree with them when she appeared in my sight, immediately catching my gaze and offering me a discreet smile in long distance.

I couldn't help my increasing heartbeat to calm down.
Some words constantly whispered in my ears since the day I first thought of them came back again, making me wonder if I really was in love with this woman.

To be honest the amount of terror it brought me at the idea was huge for certain reasons.

"You're daydreaming." Remarked Jade, pushing me out of my trance.

"Yeah." I unfortunately had to divert my eyes, too afraid the girls would understand that I was actually staring at one particular person and not just daydreaming.

"Any news about Cathy?" I suddenly asked when Isabelle disappeared, allowing me to think normally again.

"Yeah I texted her, everybody's fine." Coldly said Emily.

We could all hear the « for now » hidden in her voice but none of us said it out loud of course, too afraid it would actually be real someday.

"Maybe we should visit her this afternoon? We all finish early right?" she then kindly proposed, to which we all nodded before going back to our breakfast.

I've been waiting whole morning to have Isabelle, or Miss Anderson in class, but when it finally arrived I realized how hard it would be to not stare at her and show everybody how I was just in awe whenever she'd speak.

But what quickly caught my attention was the expression she had whenever she seemed to be in deep thoughts. Was she annoyed about our situation?
I mean I looked like it didn't hurt me to be obliged to be apart from her but it was truly horrible. But we had been really careless, that was just a warning. Fortunately it was just that, nothing more dangerous. I could have broken her career in a finger snap, that was terrifying.

When the end of the hour finally came I loudly spoke and asked her a question about the lesson she gave us, to which she gladly answered until every students left the room.

When we found ourselves all alone the first thing she said was "You shouldn't stay after class anymore." partly glancing towards me.

"I know, but you seemed weird. What's wrong?" I asked, keeping my distance just in case someone would burst into her classroom unannounced.