42 | tell her

"You really have no idea of who could have done that?" She asked, a very serious expression on the face.

Isabelle had been sitting on my
bed for quite a while now, waiting for me to finish drying my hair.

"WhAT?!" I exclaimed, forced to turn the tool off to hear her.
She looked so adorable and relaxed, leaning on her hands that were resting a bit behind her.

"Do you have an idea of who could have done that?"

I shrugged as an answer and turned it on again.
"Don't you have class?" I literally shouted on the aim to make her understand my words, totally forgetting I already had asked her that exact same question.

Amused by our hard conversation she shook her head with a smirk, creating perfect dimples on her face.

When I was finally done, I went to lay next to her, falling on the bed so hard that I made it tremble.

"I wanna go back to sleep." I groaned, covering my mouth as I was uncontrollably yawning, eyes closed for a while.

"Yup, so do I."

Again, we locked eyes, remaining quiet for some time until she decided to break this silence.

"We really have to find who did that."

"Nahh it's fine, really. They don't deserve any attention."

"They can't do that and get away without any sanction." She strictly said, making me giggle at such seriousness in one body.

"Isabelle, it's really okay! My hair is back to normal, at least I had the opportunity to see what blue looked like on me, and it didn't suit me very well."
I laughed, playfully pushing her arm.

That remark caused her to smirk, as she clearly remembered how I just looked like a smurf.

The situation was so awkward, but absolutely non-awkward in the same time. Weird.

"When do you have class then?" I asked her.

"Not until two or three hours. You?"

"Well now that I skipped Mathematics I have my first class with you."

"Oh yeah right."

Now I had to find something convincing to propose her to do on the aim to stay together until that hour. Search smartass.

"Would you be tempted by a walk?" I joyfully questioned, raising an eyebrow.

She took six seconds to reply. Yup I counted.

"Alright. Put a coat on."

I almost retorted something stupid like « yes ma'am » but I fortunately stopped myself right before the words flew out of my mouth.
She was apparently self-conscious about her age, I didn't want to make it worse.

I was being clever for once. Kinda proud to be honest.

We quickly reached outside where we immediately have been surrounded by a thick mist.

"Oww..." I mumbled, realizing it was way too cold for her.

"Okay... maybe I could drive us to the café?" She tentatively said, slightly trembling out of coldness.

I eagerly gave her a nod, realizing it meant I would go into her car, and spend numerous hours speaking to her. After yesterday I really wasn't expecting it.
I actually think she wasn't either, but she nevertheless led me to her car, where she instructed me to sit.