60 | the moon

Isabelle's point of view

I could clearly see the growing affect Sarah had on Amanda over the days. Whenever she would receive a text from her she would now immediately feel the need to look at her phone, and type a rapid reply.
She was literally obsessed, and would unconsciously stop everything she was doing to answer this girl, even if we were talking or whatever.

I tried my best to not feel jealous about this, but my entire mind was filled with pictures of Amanda texting her. And to the addition of that the fear of her ending up hurt because of this obviously toxic relationship they had also made me overthink all day.

I mean what kind of people would ghost someone, then come back after two years?
And right after Amanda posted her first pic -because yeah, I may have stalked her and saw on her instagram page that she only had this pic taken at the beginning of the week- that was really weird. Like when she suddenly realized Amanda had other friends and had moved on she came back?

I really wanted to give this girl a chance, because everybody could change and maybe she realized she had really fucked up and wanted to catch up on everything she had missed, but my heart and mind kept shouting how bad this was going to end for Amanda's heart. Because I was familiarized with that kind of person, always wanting every drop of attention and throwing you when they had enough.
The kind of person that, once you weren't depending on them anymore, decided to come back just so you could make a place in your heart for them again.

But that was only based on a personal experience, and maybe she wasn't what I so deeply thought she was.

During the days all my attention was on her whenever she'd be around. I would uncontrollably observed what she was doing, if she was texting her, or if Cathy was trying to be touchy with her.
And I somehow felt bad for being so possessive.

So I didn't send her any text and waited for the hour I would have her in class for history.
Here I was, patiently waiting at the door of the classroom and greeting my students.

She arrived with the girls, walking a bit behind them and not participating to the conversation.

I quickly readjusted my skirt -the one I knew she secretly liked- and greeted them.

"Good morning girls."

I received a wave of « morning miss », and a single glance from my girlfriend whose good morning sounded so reluctant.

My head followed her as she entered my class, her nose stuck to her phone, and at this time all I felt was stupidity. Why was I so dumb to desperately wait to receive attention?

Lips sealed on a thin line, I harshly closed the door and went back to my desk, doing my best to control myself and do the job I was supposed to accomplish.

It honestly went pretty well... for ten minutes.
While I was talking, asking them about their week and everything, my attention got caught on Amanda. More precisely on her lap and on what she was looking at.

I swear I was at the verge of exploding because of how hard my feelings have been boiling inside me for the past few days, seeing how I just always passed after her friend.

Quickly making my way over her I did this in the most discreet way possible, not wanting to call her out in front of everybody, and held my hand out in front of her desk.

She didn't even flinch.

"Amanda." I couldn't help but release in a cold tone, visibly startling her.

It took her some seconds to understand, her eyes flying to my face, my hand, and to her phone again.

"Just hand it over quickly."