3. My Hero, My Danger, He's Gone, Disaster

"Ah!" I woke up with a intense pain on my shoulder. 'Why am I on the floor?' My body was so stiff I can barely move like I was paralyzed because of my sleeping position. My right shoulder is sticking to the cold ground that is holding the weight of my upper body. When I gained strength I slowly moved and get up. It's time for a quick bath to start the boring day.

"Brazen, you're working here?" Suddenly a familiar voice I haven't heard for years has caught my attention while I was computing my expenses and earnings. When I looked at her, I smiled.

"I'm so happy to see you, Diana." I quickly hugged my long lost friend who was always with me during College years. She suddenly disappeared during our final year and never even answered why.

"I'm sorry, it was a long story but finally I graduated two years after you." She grins and hugs me again. "It seems like you're closing at this hour. Let me help you." She volunteered and after that I agreed for a coffee treat in a popular shop. After that because it was already late, she requested for a night out and we got tipsy in a night club where we used to hang out.  It was by chance also to meet our other friends and the fun was getting better.

"Let's have a good time next month. Please, I really need this." Herald who used to be the shyest guy in our circle insisted. This is what I have been waiting for. I need to breathe time after time of my life. Ever since I graduated I haven't had any friends except my family to hang out with.

"Okay, let's save three to four days with that. I'm really hungering for a break with you, guys!" We all cheered and afterward we went home.

I'm so excited that I already listed what I needed for that vacation. If only we can have a week or two, I promise I will never ask for more.

Zzz

"Auntie, wake up. Aunt..." I heard Catherine's voice. When she saw me opening my eyes she warned me not to hurt my shoulder. "It's time to eat."

"Is he here?" I asked her and she looked surprised to my question

"He's still in the hospital. Mommy said that he might not see you for a long time." She pulls my hand and I followed her.

It was three o'clock in the afternoon. I still pray he's fine and mom should allow me to visit him. Now that he will be gone for long, I have to prepare myself for disasters to happen. Those maniacs, they're here again!

I quickly run towards the gate before they reach me and glad I arrived earlier than they can but I still have to put a fight to win over it. I was able to lock it.

With Claude's absence, I have to protect myself like what he's making me to promise. I should have listened to him before. He always reminds me to learn how to face every situation myself because it's a part of growing up. He even warns me that if ever he tries to take advantage of me, I should stop him because he himself might not be able to stop to be tempted. At first I don't understand what he was saying but later on I realized everything he has the sinister smile. He explained that there will be a day where he might force me to lay with him on the bed. I might deny that I feel tempted too but his words are stronger and God will be disappointed including my parents.

*sigh*

It has been days without him and I suddenly remembered the days when I runaway from my family.

My memory about that was nearly erased. I wonder why I tried to run away. Claude always says that I might have angered my family but I still did the right thing to refuse something I didn't want but still he told me not to do it again. "What if someone harmed you? You're lucky it never happened. Your friend, Astrid was finally freed." Some of his words were disregarded by my stubbornness. I was too interested watching him while I am lying on the bed while he's sitting on it.

This side of Claude is so sweet I want to jump on him. I'm becoming sinful in any side of his personality but he will never approve it. Which drives me crazier about him.

"If you marry me, I can't assure you a perfect life. There will be bad sides of me so don't rush to get married, Debonair. Too young to marry will only result to an early boredom. Enjoy being a princess and make yourself grow. Give yourself time to become mature where you won't be hastily jump on the wrong decisions. Matured people will do lesser mistakes they know they won't regret." His long sermon has kept my mouth shut.

I want to discuss things with him but sermons always displeases me. Argh, my parents always does that specially infront of our food and I always lose my appetite. No wonder I am skinny since childhood.

"Claude, I'm hungry." I only have decent meals when I'm with Claude. We sometimes eat together which makes me feel guilty when he saves lunch so we can eat together.

*sigh*

Who am I without him? Maybe my life is more boring

Who am I without him? Maybe my life is more boring. I'm done with school at early age because I have advanced thanks to private tutorials from several scholars, all that's left is college but I'm not yet old enough to go far from my family. They won't allow me to go to that degree. They said that the outside world is cruel. Not unless if I get married first so my husband will protect me.

I felt so insulted so I chose to stay and accept the fate. "I will marry after when I'm ready."

*sigh*

It has been months and I missed him more. With his absence I was able to learn how to defend myself physically. They also put me to a therapy for me to forget what I did to Claude. I still blamed myself and I was traumatized by the blood that I have seen. I'm just sixteen and the violence I have experienced was too much for my heart and mind to handle.

"Mom, I'll be teaching some kids in our spare house. It will be great for my recovery." One day, I asked permission because of boredom. I love to paint and helping the interested little ones will break the ice.

"I'm sorry, Debonair. Not now, you're still too young to go out that far. These kids might accidentally get hurt in the woods and I hate them getting money from my hard work." Mom calmly answered with a press on my hand. "You can paint in your room or in our yard. Just don't involve other people."

*sigh*

She's right. Maybe next time.

One morning, I woke up with Catherine's excitement.

"Auntie, he's coming!" She cheered and left quickly.

*thud thud thud*

I can hear his heavy footsteps and my heart is racing. What will I do?!

Urgh! Why am I hiding? I realized I was under the bed and before I crawl out, I saw his shoes infront of me. He kneels on the floor.

...

Hmmm...

Aw! My head hurts!

Last night, I got drunk again with my friends and now I woke up again on the floor but right now, I'm naked wearing nothing but my underwear. I quickly stand up and my vision was unstable. I cooked noodles and a coffee for my hangover.