20. Aurora's Kiss

"Brazen, do you love me?" Out of nowhere, Debonair asked something unexpected. I gave a face of shock. "I know this is a sudden question but I can't stop it."

"Huh? Debonair?" He pulled me up for us to leave and he led me to his car

"Huh? Debonair?" He pulled me up for us to leave and he led me to his car. "Where are we going?"

"I know they advised me not to rush you up but I am already dying with loneliness. I deserved this, it's my fault why it happened but I cannot take it anymore!" He slammed his hand on the steering wheel and his mouth clenched. My head aches as I felt more and more confused.

"Tell me everything, Debonair." I gently speak waiting for him to calm down. He took a deep breath and silence envelopes us.

"We were supposed to get married when my father died and I wasn't there for you. You still came for me and I neglected you. I forgot about the precious things that I should have treasured." For a moment he stopped on a corner and I pulled him towards me to wipe his tears. I patiently waited for him to get back to normal and didn't ask the questions I had in my mind.

I am already fed up asking questions that no one wants to answer.

"It hurts me to see you cry." I whispered while he is bursting all the burdens he has inside. "Release everything, I am here for you."

The rest of the long hours were a silent trip. The man beside me never spoke a word and it all ended in front of a familiar house. I never saw this place before but in my head, I feel like I was here several times.

"This was our house from the month of May. This is also where we got engaged and after that you discovered that you're already pregnant. You missed your period since we met." My jaw dropped not only because of the beauty of the house but also because of the content of his words.

He led me to a room filled with baby stuff; a crib, toys, diapers, blankets, clothes and plenty more that I can't mention. There are many potted glowing flowers too.

"Where's our baby?" I looked at him and his tears flowed again while holding my hands. "What happened to our baby?" I asked him with a shrill voice, my stomach twisted in pain and I can predict what he was about to say that he cannot mention.

 "What happened to our baby?" I asked him with a shrill voice, my stomach twisted in pain and I can predict what he was about to say that he cannot mention