12. Bizarre Town

Argh! It's been an hour and there seems no sign of a vehicle coming to this road. I think I'll be dead before that's going to happen. Why don't I try to cross this mountain? Maybe there's a shortcut and I'll be home in a short time. Hmm, at least I try.

Well, after two hours I got lost. Trying this brilliant idea only gave me a rope to hang my self. Argh! Why am I so dumb?! Shit! I am hopeless again! I have to make it quick before the sun goes down. There must be a house or a hut around! Ugh! But I cannot even find tracks or a sign of a person who walked this path!

"Oh, God!" I screamed and sit tiredly down under a tree.

*sniff*

I'm doomed! Mom, I'm sorry for what I have said. Dad, my siblings and nieces, thank you for being kind to me. My business is now all yours now that I will be dead here!

*whimper*

'No! Stand up and keep trying!'

I get off my feet and started walking again. I kept walking and walking deeper and deeper until suddenly I noticed that I had stepped on something.

Huh? I picked up the compass from the ground though it was rusting but it gave me hope that someone has walked this area. I proceeded following the north direction but after some minutes it started to go crazy.

"What's wrong with you?!" I screamed as I shook it because the arrow kept on turning even on still

"What's wrong with you?!" I screamed as I shook it because the arrow kept on turning even on still. I looked around only to find out that I am in a strange part of the forest. The leaves were not just green but it was a bright and alluring shade. The barks and soil were very dark brown in color like anything you will plant here will surely grow!

'Wow!' I hope there will be food here, I'm starving! I excitedly proceeded without changing the direction

'Wow!' I hope there will be food here, I'm starving! I excitedly proceeded without changing the direction. My head kept turning as my eyes were amazed by the crazy surroundings. I never felt so happy before. The colors were so beautiful I thought I was watching it in a movie.

"Ah!" I was so busy looking around that I didn't notice a bark of a fallen tree had tripped me. This causes me to fall and roll down to the ground in another direction. I wasn't expecting that behind the thick bright glowing leaves was a slope that leads me to an endless roll. "Ah!" My body formed a ball to protect myself and to give friction.