💢Chapter 3💢

"Mummy you're not saying anything" Stella still complained now looking at the rest of her sisters

"Mummy you're not saying anything" Stella still complained now looking at the rest of her sisters. "So you all are not saying anything, It doesn't concern you all shey? Mummy?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything! This can't be possible! It can't work! How can Dad put such conditions, we all know it's impossible! When last has Sister Dara ever being on any date"

"Would you shut up your trap! This the third time you're saying it. What do you take your sister for? Do you think she won't find a man of her choice in this lifetime? She will! All in God's time, it's not her time yet"

"But it's my time! So what if I get married before her, it won't be the first neither will it be the last! Dad is just being absurd! I'm going to get married whether he likes it or not"

"You know your father hates it when people go against his words or when you try to make everything your way. Calm down" 

"But Mom! It's unfair! It's so unfair!" She snapped leaving the house and Andy followed her.

"See what you've caused!" Aunt Rejoice snapped at Dara so she walked away into her father's room, "Can we talk?" She asked, his disproving face almost discouraged her but she was pretty determined.  "I know you're in a bad mood but I bet your mood is not as bad as Moses's mood was when he broke the tablet" she answered and her father laughed.

He loved a good Bible joke!

"I knew I could make you laugh" she added sitting closer to him.

"Just seeing you makes me happy" he confessed and she chuckled softly. "Thanks you Dad" "One day, i just pray you find that man in your life; the one in whom your presence will makes him happy like it does to me. I know out there, there's that man God has reserved for you, it may tarry but soon..." He trailed off and she smiled.

"You still have hope even when I don't even have boyfriend"

"What about you?"

"It's a slim hope, very slim like me" she emphasized and he chuckled softly.

"When I married your mother, she was as slim as you are." "Says who?" Mrs Igwe asked entering into the room. "Sir, who told you I was slim?"

"Mom you were thin" Dara pointed to the wedding picture that hung on the wall and her mother laughed. 

"Don't judge your future state base on how your today looks like. You'll be discouraged"  Her father continued from where he left off and Dara exhaled. "What if it's Stella's time to get married and you're stopping it for no reason"

"Exactly what I wanted to talk to your father about" Mrs Igwe replied taking a seat on the bed. "I just kept quiet because I know how much he hates interruption when he's trying to play militant" she teased and he laughed.