💢Chapter 18💢

Chapter 18

"Dad!" Shade called out and some customers turned towards Funsho, some were surprised while others looked away, minding their businesses.  Funsho walked towards her, took his seat and dropped the baby carrier on his lap.

"Did you really have to call me that way? Those guys behind just looked at me like who did she just call Dad? I mean I had you when I was 22"

"At least they won't think you're my sugar Daddy" she answered and He laughed recalling the incidence with Dara.

"I'll make an handsome sugar daddy right?" He inquired and Shade laughed then she frowned at him. Of course she knew her father was only trying to lessen the tension between the both of them.

"I'm still angry at you"

"I'm sorry Ma" he replied and she laughed again then he turned his head towards Dara's angle.

"How did you get here so fast?"

"Huh?"

"How did you get here so fast?" She repeated and he finally gazed have at her. "I was .... already driving"

"Were you typing while driving? Dad! What if something had happened?"  "Calm down Mom, i don't hate myself that much, I was at the filing station when I typed that message."

"Your sister didn't even let me have any breathing space." he turned back at Dara once again.   "What does she want?"

"What I wanted to say before the interruption" Ugo cleared his throat, "Is that.... I'm beginning to like you"  He confessed and she shrugged, not sure how to take the news. "I don't understand, I thought you didn't"

Ugo exhaled, "I did at first but you know..... I was really stupid and immature" "This happened, January Ugo, just past month"

  "I know! Lately you're all I've been thinking of."

"What about your girlfriend?"

"I still don't have any! I'm still looking forward to God, I never knew God already gave me someone and I rejected her." He said placing his palm over hers.

"Ugo...."

"Ever since I saw you on Valentine's day, my heart raced in ways I can't even begin to describe. My date turned out horrible, I couldn't concentrate, you looked so beautiful and your laughter, that laughter, at some point, I became jealous. I wished I was the one making you laugh."

"Did you pay for my bills?" She asked and Ugo scoffed, "You were with the other guy, I couldn't have possibly...." He trailed off and this made Dara wonder who the hell paid they're build that night?????

"Wait .... Someone paid you guys bill?" He asked and she waved the topic away. "It's nothing"

"As much as I would have loved to take the glory Dara, I didn't." He replied now watching Sewa play with Dara's breast.

"I've always wanted children"

"Really?"

"Yes and a mother like you will make it worth it"

"Ugo, I have a boyfriend" 

"I know. You already told me, I just want to say I'm not backing off because of it and besides, I know you like me. Come on, we had that spark the first day we met. You felt it, I felt it too"

Funsho's eyes remained glued to them till Shade called his attention, "Dad!"  "Huh?" "Why are you looking at them? It's rude" She assumed, "What's rude?"