💢Chapter 23💢

Chapter 23

Unedited

"What are you staring at?" Tiwa asked, and Ruby masked her horror underneath a smile, "I was about to ask you to... You were blocking my way" She stammered,  "Nurse Ruby!" She heard a woman call out from outside the building.

An older nurse finally showed up with her hands Akimbo then she hissed shaking her head, "Is it until the patient faints that you'll attend to her?" She asked then Tiwa hissed walking past her and Ruby sighed in relief.

Ruby cleared her throat. "I'm sorry Ma, I was waiting for the lady to pass" "Simple 'excuse me' could have gone a long way"

"I'm sorry Ma"

"Are you going to stand there like standard Bank or you'll attend to the patient? Hurry up Nurse Ruby!"

"I'm sorry Ma" Ruby apologized pushing the trolley out of the building then she took a turn into another entrance of the building into a room with six hospital bed and three patient occupying three of the bed. 

She couldn't stop thinking of the woman and who the she had poisoned.

Could the Chief was referring to be Chief Duncan? A lot of persons can be called Chief right?

"Do you know that woman that just walked away?"  She asked Nurse Favour who was walking side by side with her,  "That's Tiwa Duncan" she hissed, "Very rude woman, she can't even greet somebody"

"Chief's daughter?"

"No. Chief's step sister, his father married more wives than he did oh, Tiwa is the last Duncan." "Are they enemies?" Ruby asked and the older nurse laughed.

"That's Chief's favorite! He doesn't joke with his sister oh. This strength that you're using to ask questions, if you can exact it to what I just asked you to do. You would have already administed the drip. Instead of asking questions, why don't you focus on doing your job?"  She snapped pointing towards a woman who was laying weak on the bed.

Ruby squinted her eyes in confusion. She knew what she heard, it can't be a coincidence can it? How many Chief can there be? She asked within, she'll hate herself if anything happens to Chief when she could have stopped it.

"Ma'am excuse me, I have to do something very important"

"Now?"

"I'm sorry Ma" she apologized running out of the room.

"Hey dear" Dozie called out and she shook her head, "Not now Dozie" she replied running past him, "Are you okay?" "I'll explain to you later!" She yelled without turning back.

She took the stairs instead of the elevator, she didn't have the patience to steadily wait for the elevator!

Mrs Bimbo's left eyes blinked severally and uncomfortably in her. She suddenly felt light-headed so she held on tight to a chair. Being a superstitious woman, she immediately knew the implication of the signs, something bad was about happening, the feeling reminded her of the dream she has been having about her husband so she immediately put a call through to him.

"Oko mi, good afternoon"

"Good afternoon my dear, how is work?"

"It's fine dear, I called you to find out if you're alright"

Chief Duncan laughed for a very long time till he coughed, "Why shouldn't I be alright? You this woman ehn!" "It's not funny Chief"  "I know what you're going to tell me you had a premonition so you decided to let me know that they are after my life" he assumed then he laughed shaking his head.