Aang's gift

* meanwhile with Aang*

Aang went out of the palace. He was planning to get a gift for Katara since they made things official. He wanted to get her a golden necklace. He saw Toph feeding pigeons on a bench by herself.

" Hey Toph. What are you doing ?" Aang asked and sat down next to her at the bench.

" Nothing." Toph said while she was getting up to leave.

" Hey wait ! What's wrong ?" Aang asked and followed her.

" I just feel homesick. Nothing more." Toph lied.

" Me too but every time I feel homesick I just think about you guys so i don't feel lonely anymore." Aang said with a soft smile.

" It's not that simple." said Toph.

She had tears in her eyes while keeping her head down. Her emotion completely took over her and she couldn't hide them anymore. She was heartbroken. Aang got nervous , he did't know what to do. He grabbed her by the wrist and brought her to the market stalls. He knew that a bit of gambling would shear her up.

" Stop pulling me. I'm not in the mood to play a stupid game." said Toph with an angry expression.

" It's too late we are already here." Aang said while having a bright smile on his face.

They stood in front of the market stall. Aang skipped the line.

" WE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY PLEASE !" Aang yelled with excitement.

" Hey brats ! You skipped the line !" grumbled an old man.

" So what ? Get over it." Toph said.

She was still sad but was determined to keep her chin up.

" Ok sit down little girl. How much money are you betting ?" said the market man.

They played the cup ball guessing game. The man had three cups and one of them had a small stone. The man moved the cups around and Toph had to guess were it is. She played that game before but that did not matter. She was blind. Toph felt how much money she had in her pockets. She had some fire nation money , she had 10 gold pieces to be exact.

" Ten gold pieces." Toph said and showed him the coins.

" Ok; let's start. " said the man and started to move the cups around.

Toph grinned. She can feel the Vibrations of the earth going through her feet and see everyone around her. Even though she is blind , she can see more than people that are not blind. Toph noticed how the man flicked the stones to his pocket , so that there would be no stone below one of the three cups.

" Do you really think I am stupid just because I am blind ?" Toph asked while her face impression darkened.

" No , why would I think that ?" the man asked, but he knew that she noticed what he did.

The man got nervous as more people gathered around them. If it would come out that he was tricking people that would ruin his carrier

" So you are telling me that under one of those three cups is definitely a stone ?" Toph asked and grinned.

The man was angry now and even more people gathered around the two.

" JUST PICK A CUP !" the man angrily screamed.

Toph flipped all the cups at the same time with the of earth bending. The crowed was shocked. In none of these cup laid a stone , he cheated.

" Oh, I don't see a stone. " Toph said sarcastically.

" You..." said the man while having the desire to punch her.

" You are a cheat !" said someone from the crowd.

" You bastard , I want my money back !" said another person from the crowd.

" Come on Aang , let's go back to the others." Toph said with a soft smile.

She walked back with Aang to the palace while she let the crowd handle him. Toph finally did't think about Sokka and was smiling again. After a while they finally arrived at the palace and saw how Katara and Mai were running towards them.

" Toph ; are you ok ?" Mai asked.

" Where have you been ? I was so worried. " Katara said and hugged her.

" I'm fine. I was just in town with Aang." Toph said with a smile.

" I am really sorry. What I said was out of line." said Mai and her face looked sad.

" Don't worry I already forgot about that." said Toph , still smiling.

" I am just glad that you are back." Katara said.

" What happened ?" Aang asked with an confused face impression.

" Nothing. I kind of want to eat ice cream. Do you guys want to eat some too ?" Toph asked while she thought about all the different flavour she wanted to eat.

The other agreed and got some ice cream from the palace servants. They went to the court yard and ate their ice cream together. Zuko jointed them and sat down next to Mai.

" So , I want to throw a party today in the evening. Good music , food and a beautiful venue. I was thinking of the court yard and we can also hang up some lamps. " Zuko said.

His fire lord cloth fitted perfectly to his body and the fire nation hair piece was over his bun. He wanted to have a good time with his friends while they are still in the fire nation.

" That sounds good to me." Aang said while imagining himself dancing with Katara under the lamps.

Everyone else agreed to and thought it would be a great idea. Mai knew that Zuko had a lot to do as the new fire lord but she liked watching him relax a bit.

" I will see you guys in the evening. I have to talk to my generals." Zuko said and walked to the fire lord's thrown.