Chapter Seventeen

*Smut Warning*

With the decision made to take the next day off, Jasper left me in the room for a moment. He'd winked on his way out. "Will you be here when I get back?"

My body was still reeling from the nightmare, but I managed a tiny smile. The moment he was out of the room, the smile fell, and my eyes drooped to the comforter I had been covered with. It was a sapphire blue. It had been my favorite color since I could remember; it always made me smile. I wondered if Jasper hadn't maybe begged his boss for the car specifically for the color, or perhaps that was just a bonus. He wouldn't tell me anything more about the car or his boss, said he hadn't felt like boring me to tears.

Letting the material bunch up under my fingers, I tried to let the good memories dance around my head for a change, knock the ugly ones away. I tried to think of Jasper laying me on this comforter, making love to me. My back against his chest on top of the blanket. The silky material made it harder not to slide around the bed, but that made the sex all the more fun for both of us. Who needed to be under the sheets to have fun? Not us.

I heard the water begin to run from the bathroom. I tried to lift my head, but it hung low and heavy despite the blush on my cheeks. Good memories could help, but they couldn't always heal, not right away at least.

"I'm back." Jasper walked back into the room, kneeling in front of me, his hand on my covered knee. "Would you like to take a bath?"

"Will you join me?"

He laughed, squeezing my knee. "If you'd like me too, although I do wish that you'd let me take care of you and only you, I don't need to be a part of it, you know."

I did know that. "Yeah, but you make things better." My head lifted, I stared into his eyes. "I love it when you're involved. I always have. I only wish I'd seen what could've been between us a lot sooner. High school would have been more fun, that's for sure."

High school had been a bit lonely once Blaine and Jasper had graduated; I had been on my own then. Anastasia was there a little, but we always had different classes and different lunches; we never saw each other more than the mornings before school at breakfast. We were friends, kind of, but more for the convenience of not being completely alone at school. My nose was always in a book, not really caring to make other friends; my education was more important. Carly had always told me education came; first, my parents were quick to agree, and with Carly helping me study, helping prepare me for my future, I wasn't much of a social butterfly. I was okay with it, though. I never needed much to be happy.

Carefully he peeled the blanket from my legs, inching an arm under them while the other wrapped around my back. He scooted me over to his chest before standing, heaving me with.

"Ho-how did you do that?"

He smirked. I don't work out for nothing, Sadie."

Jasper slowly walked to the bathroom, setting me down on the countertop. I glanced around the room. The lights were turned down low, candles flickering, rose petals in the bathwater. He followed my gaze.

"I've been hoping I'd be able to put this stuff to use for you for a while now."

I swiveled my gaze to him; he still eyed the water. "You've had all this planned? Waiting for me?"