Remember December ~ Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We climbed the steps to get to our room. We were on the 11th floor, and they didn't have an elevator. We were so screwed. Each flight of stairs at least had one hundred steps and we were about to drop dead. It was so bad, even Scarlett was cursing, which hardly ever happens. We took many breaks, just sitting on the steps talking about how stupid this was. Seriously, it couldn't have one elevator? This was just awful. And to think we were going to have to walk up and down these for the remainder of our stay.

"Okay if I can ever actually find someone who works in the damn place, I'm demanding rooms on the first or second floor." Nick huffed as we finally made it to the 11th floor.

"Thank God!" I cried and fell to the floor in a heap.

Nick and Scarlett helped me up and we went to go find our rooms. They were three separate rooms, but there was a door that joined them all together. Each room had it's own bathroom with shower and bath. I stepped into my room. The walls were a dark cream color and the sheets and comforter on the bed were a dark chocolate brown. It was elegant, but plain at the same time. All in all, it was a lot more than I thought it would be compared to the outside.

"Nick, how can you afford this?" I asked, curious.

"It's not even that expenisve. Guess it's because theres no one here?"

"Must be." I said softly as I looked at the bed longingly.

Nick and Scarlett when to go to their own rooms, and I was left alone in the suite. I put my bag next to the bedside table and my phone on top of it.

I collapsed on the bed and buried my head  in the tower of pillows. I sunk into it gratefully, fully prepared to fall asleep right now. My eyes started closing and I was drifting off...

When Nick and Scarlett burst into the room and started jumping on the bed.

Groaning, I rolled over and glared at both of them. "Guys. What if I had been naked!!!" I screamed.

"Then you would've locked the door. Duh." Scarlett said, crashing down beside me.

"Well what if I had forgotten?"

"Then we would've been screwed."

"And dead." I muttered.

Scarlett laughed. "And that."

Nick came crashing down on my other side and he was laughing at our conversation. "We figured you would be too exhausted to change anyways. And look, we were right! Falling asleep with your shoes on." He clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth.

I hit him in the face with one of the plush pillows and laughed. Scarlett did the same and it resulted in an intense pillow fight, which yours truly won by pushing them both off the bed. Laughing gleefully, I fell back onto the now messed up bed and smiled down sweetly at them.

"Oops."

"December!" They both cried in union and tackled me, laughing the whole time.

There was a very distinct knocking on the door. Laughing I jumped up and ran to answer it. I threw it open, a ready smile on my face. The smiled slipped quickly.

"Who's at the door December?" Nick called from behind me.

"Nobody..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm sure it was just a prank." Nick said reassuringly.

I sighed. "Nick we are in the middle of a huge as hall. No one can run that fast."

We had searched the hall for any sign that someone had come down it. We found nothing, and I was kind of freaking out. Ghosts, just weren't my thing, even if I did watch ghost hunting shows and scary movies. Never meant that I actually wanted to experience it. Of course I was overreacting. It was probably just a joke like Nick had said.

There was another knock at the door. I scrambled off the bed and opened the door quickly. What I saw surprised me.

Delaney was standing there in jeans and a t-shirt, smiling at me.

"Delaney?" I cried in surprise and delight. "What are you doing here?"

She laughed. "We all wanted to surprise you so we all came here."

"You mean you guys planned this?"

"Yupp."

"And when you say we do you mean...?" She knew who I meant. Zach.

"Yeah. It too."

"It?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah it doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

"Hasn't he -"

"It."

"Right. Hasn't it apologized?"

She huffed. "No." Her face fell and I could see that she was depressed. I threw my arm around her and squeezed her tight.

"He will."

"Sure. Anyways," She smiled brightly, but I could tell it was forced. Zach and Delaney had been friends forever. Zach sitting with those girls was like betraying Delaney in her eyes. And I couldn't blame her. Those girls screwed everything that moved. "The rest of the gang and it is in Nick's room hanging out."

"Awesome. Um, Delaney, you guys didn't happen to knock on the door before did you?"

Zach then came into the room, smiling. I gave him a small one in return. He really should apologize to Delaney. If he didn't, he would be loosing a great deal. He glanced at Delaney, and I could see that he wanted to say he was sorry, but he had to much male pride. I sighed on the inside. Men and saying sorry. It's a word. It's not all that hard!

Delaney ignored him completely, not even looking at him. I could see the slightly pained expression on her face but it was hardly noticeable.

"No, we had to make sure you didn't know we were here. It would have ruined this amazing surprise, and it would have all been a waste. Why do you ask?" She said, still not looking at Zach.

Great. "No reason, someone just knocked on the door before but I didn't see anyone."

"Yeah, we've been hearing some stuff too. It's weird. Of course, James thought it was people having sex, but there's no one else in this hall. You know what I think?" She grinned.

Oh God. "What?" I asked timidly.

"I think this hotel is haunted as hell."