𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

William grunted as he woke up, remembering yesterday's quarrel with his mother. He had been grounded. His mother's punishments weren't harsh but they weren't forgiving either. He could see that she took after Charlie with her punishments. Slow but severe.

He sighed, throwing the covers off his clothed body. He decided to skip school today and surprisingly, his mother agreed. He was beyond ecstatic; he definitely needed a break after all the events that had taken place. Now that the Cullens were back, it disrupted their daily lifestyle. Bella couldn't freely roam around town and she was somewhat paranoid, fearful of running into one of them.

He dragged a hand across his face, tiredly sighing before jumping out of bed and stretching his arms. His feet tapped against the hardwood floor as he walked to their kitchen.

The kitchen was a spacious area, showing their wealth. It was stocked with the best appliances, although the only one that used the kitchen was William and he didn't inherit his father's or mother's cooking talents. He definitely inherited them from Charlie, a man who couldn't cook for the life of him.

He grabbed a bar from the counter, dragging himself over to the couch and switching on the TV.

"When I said that you could stay home from school, I didn't mean that you could lounge around all day" his mother said, causing him to flinch at her sudden presence. She smiled at his reaction, sitting down on the couch besides him.

"Never getting used to that," he mumbled. "You just appear out of thin air"

"I'll never get used to it either" she replied, a grin on her face.

"You're in a good mood today"

"I got some important things done," she replied.

"And what are those things?" he questioned.

She hesitated before answering. "Something for another time. It's none of your concern right now."

William nodded reluctantly, his gaze trailing after Bella as she left the room. He scrunched his nose in confusion, his forehead wrinkling.

'Why won't she tell me' he wondered, shrugging his shoulders before walking off towards his room. Upon entering the room, he searched through his closet, grabbing his denim jacket and tossing it over his shoulders. He didn't bother to look put together, he was only going to be doing a few things today it seemed like.

He walked towards Bella's room, finding her staring out the window, seated on her couch. She snapped her gaze towards him as William entered her room.

"What am I doing today?"

She smiled and raised her eyebrow at him before jumping off the couch, standing right besides him and ruffling his hair.

He groaned, fixing his messed up hair, sending a playful glare in her direction. She sent him a wink in response, a cheeky grin on her face. "You just can't help yourself, can you?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I truly can't. I can't resist doing it"

He huffed in annoyance. "I can see that," he mumbled.

She laughed before her expression turned serious. "I just need you to pick something up at Jacob's and that's all."

He raised his eyebrow. "That's all?" he asked. He was expecting something bigger.

"That's all"

He walked out of her room, grabbing the keys off the island in the middle of the kitchen before walking outside, his feet crushing the gravel beneath them. He entered their Porsche, revving the engine. He was in the mood for driving a fast car and the Porsche was a perfect choice. 

He drove off towards the La Push Reservation, tapping his finger on the steering wheel and nodding his head to the rhythm of the music.