𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

"You look great, William" his mother spoke.

William fumbled with his tie, his hands shaking and clammy. He swallowed nervously, adjusting his tie and facing his mother.

"Thanks, Mom," William said. "How do I look?" he added.

Bella chuckled, an adoring smile on her face. "You look great, William" Bella said softly, her tone gentle.

William chuckled, wiping his forehead with his suit's sleeve. "I got that from you," he joked.

Bella laughed once again. "I have to say, you look more like your father now."

William huffed in annoyance at the mention of his father. "Wasn't this the suit he wore to prom with you?"

Bella winced at the mention of prom and her old lover. She paused before answering. "Yes, it was the suit he wore to prom with me."

Hearing her words, a sad frown formed upon William's lips. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean those kinds of memories up again."

Bella waved her hand in the air. "No, it's the past. It was a long time ago."

William nodded hesitantly, having calmed down. "Well, I guess it's time," he spoke, sighing softly.

Bella walked over to him, patting him on the shoulder and adjusting his tie. "Everything will be fine, William."

William sighed, smiling at her. "I hope so," he said softly.

William followed Bella as she walked outside. He laughed softly as he saw a Ferrari in the driveway, Jacob sitting at the wheel. Jacob wore a white shirt and black dress pants, adorning sunglasses on his face. He smiled and opened the driver door, walking up to William and Bella.

Jacob smiled, pulling William in for a tight hug before facing Bella and grinning.

"Hey Bells" he greeted, a big grin on his face. He chuckled and pulled Bella in for a tight hug. Bella laughed and hugged him back as tightly as she could.

Jacob escorted William to the car, opening the passenger door.

William grinned at Jacob. "So, you're driving"

Jacob grinned back. "You bet I am."

William laughed, climbing into the passenger seat. He waved at his mother, smiling at her. She smiled at him back, a look of adoration on her face. He grinned cheekily at Jacob, who was wearing black sunglasses on his face.

"Take us away, driver"

Jacob laughed, pressing his foot on the gas and driving towards Forks High School.

The trees whirred past them as they drove down the damp road. The skies were murky, filled with gray clouds. The air smelt of rain and pine, holding a sweet aroma. The trees wisped and blew with the wind, performing a graceful dance. There was a strange serenity that filled the air around them as they drove down the damp road. They drove farther and farther into the fog, growing nearer to their destination.

Jacob smiled fondly as Forks High School came into view, glancing at William, he smiled as he saw the boy's nervous expression. Jacob pulled the car into an open parking spot, the engine humming softly as he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

Jacob opened the passenger door and William peeked out, staring at his surroundings. "Remind me why I chose to do this?"

Jacob grinned. "You wanted to do this. Besides, Seth is waiting."

At the mention of Seth, a slight blush painted the boy's cheeks. William shook his head, the blush disappearing. He let out a reluctant sigh before exiting the car, looking around in awe.

Jacob walked over to William, hugging him tightly. "Have a great time, kiddo."

Jacob hesitated for a split second before pressing a chaste kiss to William's forehead. William leaned into the man's embrace.

"Thanks, Jake" he whispered softly.

"Anytime," Jacob whispered.

William sighed, his expression brightening as he saw Seth. Seth looked handsome in his simple black suit. He wore a bright smile on his face, his smile growing as he saw William. There was a twinkle in the boy's eyes as he stared at William.

William walked over to Seth, smiling softly. Seth smiled at William, linking their arms together. As they touched, electricity hummed between them, one that William had felt before.

They walked towards the entrance, stopping to get a picture before walking inside, met with bright lights and dancing teenagers.

Seth leaned down, whispering in the boy's ears. "Wanna go somewhere a bit less crowded?"

William hummed in agreement, letting Seth lead him through the crowd towards the outside. When they reached the outside, William smiled, sucking in a breath of fresh air. It was simply beautiful. William hadn't seen anything like it.

He looked towards Seth, seeing the boy's outstretched hand.

"Dance with me?" Seth asked.

William laughed. "I thought you were supposed to be my bodyguard."

Seth shrugged. "You should have a normal prom experience."

"I guess that's fair."

A comfortable silence washed over the pair as they danced, swaying gently to the beat of the music. A strange tension filled the air as they waited for one of them to say something, anything. It seemed like years before a voice finally cut through the comfortable silence.

"Hello, lovebirds."

William and Seth whipped their head around, meeting the person's gaze.

An animalistic growl ripped through William's throat and his hands trembled with anger as he met the woman's lips. Seth stood besides William, his hands shaking and his eyes narrowed at the woman who stood in front of them.

"Victoria" William spat, venom lacing his tone.