𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

William's arm was slung around Charlie's shoulder as they walked through the abyss, sharing stories of their lives. William's eyebrows furrowed as Charlie stopped, standing in front of William and staring into his eyes, a sad smile on his face. 

"It's time" he stated, placing a hand on William's chest. 

William stared at the man in confusion. "What do you mean?"

A jolt shot through William's chest, causing the boy to stare down at Charlie's hand, realization dawning on him. 

"I have to go back."

Charlie sighed, dragging a hand over his face. "As much as I enjoy your company, you can't stay here forever."

"I know" William whispered, looking down sadly. 

Another jolt shot through William's chest, stronger then the last one. Charlie smiled at the boy sadly, placing both of his hands on the boy's chest. 

"Goodbye, William." Charlie whispered softly, tears welling in the man's eyes.

"Goodbye, Charlie" William murmured, tears streaming down his face.

"I'll see you again, kiddo" Charlie whispered. 

A powerful jolt shot through William's chest, darkness engulfing his vision. It felt as if he was falling, skimming through his memories. Memories of Jacob, Mom, his father, Aunt Alice, Aunt Rosalie, Uncle Emmett, Uncle Jasper, Grandpa Carlisle, Grandma Esme, Grandpa Charlie and . . . Seth. 

William embraced the darkness, letting it overpower him. A bright light began to fill his vision, blinding him. 

He shot awake with a gasp, sweat beading his forehead. His eyes frantically searched the room, darting around nervously. He felt a cold hand grip his hand, he swallowed nervously. 

"It's me" the person whispered in a comforting manner. 

William's posture slightly tensed, his shoulders were rigid and his palms were sweaty. He breathed heavily, gasping. 

"Victoria" he breathed out, his lips trembling. 

"I know, I know" 

He squeezed his eyes shut, scrunching up his nose. He opened his eyes, his mother's face coming into view. 

"Mom" he whispered. 

"Yeah" she breathed out, letting out a sigh of relief. "It's me, Mom"

She then pulled him in for a tight embrace, William dug his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her calming scent. Her scent always made him feel safe and protected. It smelled a lot like his, the only difference between them is that he had a faint trace of Edward's honey, lilac and lavender scent. 

"You're okay" she murmured, stroking his hair softly. He melted into her embrace, squeezing her tightly. 

"I'm sorry" she muttered. 

William shook his head in response. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

Bella pressed her lips in a thin line, obviously wanting to protest. She let out a sigh before hugging William tightly, kissing his forehead softly. 

William hugged his mother tightly, gripping onto her shirt. He was happy that she was here. He lifted his head, noticing Seth standing in the doorway, watching William intently. 

"Seth" he called out. 

Seth lowered his gaze, walking to the foot of William's bed. Bella pulled away from the embrace, glancing at Seth before leaving the room. 

"I was worried about you" Seth confessed. 

William's expression softened as he stared at the boy. "Me too. I thought I would never see you again."

Seth let out a sigh, walking closer to William. "Can I hug you?" 

"Yes, you can" 

Seth leaned over hesitantly, his breath fanning William's face. William's lips parted as he started into the boy's eyes. Seth pulled William into a tight embrace, squeezing his eyes shut. William placed his hands on Seth's back, comforted by the heat radiating off of Seth's body. 

"I missed you" William muttered, leaning his head against Seth's shoulders. 

Seth sighed contently. "Me too"