𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 (𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

Sweat dripped down my forehead as I lifted up the hood of the engine, admiring my work. After all these years, I still loved fixing cars. It was an indescribable feeling, something that brought me immense joy.

I whipped my head around as I heard the vibrating of my phone. I sighed, wiping the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand before walking towards my phone and picking it up. I smiled as I read the name displayed on the screen. Bella. I answered the call, raising my phone to my ear.

"Hey, Bells" I greeted.

"Is William with you?" she asked, worry lacing her voice.

I frowned, furrowing my eyebrows. "No" I answered.

"Shit" she cursed, her tone worried.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, afraid of her answer.

"I told him to drive out to La Push to get the thing you had for me but he hasn't been home in hours and I just thought he was with you. He hadn't checked in so I called you."

My lips pressed in a firm line and I gripped the phone tightly. "Where would he be?"

"I don't know" she cried. "He's missing"

"Victoria" I muttered. "She could be here."

"What?" she questioned. "I thought she was in Seattle."

"She might've come here. She know's your alive, Bella."

"She could reveal to the Cullen's that I was alive." Bella murmured.

"I would be killed" I joked. "I've been stopping by."

Bella sighed, obviously in distress. "Hopefully, he just got lost or something."

"Yeah" I agreed. "Well, Seth, Leah and I can search for him. I could even ask for Sam's help."

"I'll see you at the La Push Reservation."

I nodded my head. "Bye, Bells"

"Bye, Jake."

The line went dead, I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran out of the garage towards the house. I barged through the front door, creating a loud commotion that caused Leah and Seth's heads to snap towards me.

"I need your help"

Seth and Leah jumped up from their seat, staring at me with concern.

"William might be missing"

"Might?" Leah questioned.

I scowled at her. "We have to find him."

Leah huffed in annoyance before walking towards me, Seth trailing behind her. "We're in."

I nodded, a serious expression plastered on my face.

I ran outside, ran pouring down my back, soaking my cargo shorts. I ran towards the Treaty Line, stopping right before it, Seth and Leah standing behind me. I let out a sigh of relief as I saw Bella's car speeding down the road. The car came to a stop, the car door swinging open, revealing Bella. I scrunched up my nose in disgust as her scent filled my nostrils, it burned.

"Hey, Jake" she greeted softly.

"Hey, Bells" I greeted back.

"Let's find William."

I nodded, my lips pressed firmly together, a familiar sense washed over me as I felt myself begin to phase. In a couple seconds, standing in my place was brown wolf. I looked back, seeing Leah and Seth standing there in their wolf forms.

'Where should we start' Seth questioned.

'On the La Push Reservation' I answered through the pack link.

Seth nodded, letting out a grunt in response to my answer. He ran off, Leah following after him.

"Thank you, Jake" Bella whispered softly.

I nodded in response, my eyes meeting hers. Her eyes were no longer an alluring brown. They were a golden topaz, shining in the rain.

'I'll check the Cullen's land' I announced through the pack link.

'Want me to come with you?' Leah questioned.

'No' I responded. 'I'm find doing this alone'

'Ok' they replied.

The pack link grew silent. I turned away from Bella, meeting her golden eyes one last time before running towards the Cullen's land, hoping William would be found. I cared for the boy, in a way, I saw him as a son. I was there throughout his life. I watched him grow up into the man he has become and I was desperate to find him, hoping that the boy would be unharmed and that it would all be a simple misunderstanding.

I ran and ran, my paws hitting the cold forest ground. I grimaced as I caught the Cullen's scent. They were sitting inside their house, unaware of my presence. I debated whether or not to alert them of my presence. I decided against it, I didn't need their permission. I ran past the house, ignoring Rosalie's heated glare as she saw me.

"What are you doing here, mutt" she spat, slamming her book down.

I ignored her, letting out a huff of annoyance. I ran through the woods, hoping to catch William's scent. I stopped in my tracks, sniffing the ground. So far, there was no trace of William's scent, but I would not give up. I would search and search until I found him. I owed him that much.

I let out a howl of despair as I ran further into the woods, ignoring the Cullen's wondering looks. My paws slammed into the forest ground and I panted as I ran further into the forest.

I sniffed the air, letting out a happy howl as I caught William's scent. I ran further in that direction, nearing the La Push Reservation. His scent filled my nostrils. He was incredibly close. I had to find him.

'I found him' I howled.

Seth let out a breath of relief. 'Me and Leah are making our way towards you.'

I snapped back into the present, sniffing William's freesia scent. He smelled like his mother, his scent having a trace of Edward's honey, lilac and lavender smell. I walked through the forest, sniffing the air. I was getting closer and closer. My blood ran cold as I saw a trail of blood. I choked back a sob, swallowing before I sniffed the blood, confirming my suspicion. It was William's blood. I followed the trail, my mind wracked with worry. The worst possibilities floated through my mind. What if he had been killed? Seth would never forgive himself?

The trail of blood stopped and his gaze shifted to William, who was lying in a pool of blood, not responding. I panicked, letting out a howl of fear, alerting the others to my location.

'Is he okay' Seth asked worriedly through the pack link.

'He-He's' I stammered, not being able to finish my sentence.

'I'm on my way' Seth answered.

'He's hurt badly' I answered solemnly.

'We could have Carlisle fix him up' Leah questioned.

'No' I responded. 'He'll heal eventually.'

I felt bad for Seth. William meant everything to him. Losing him would be too much for the poor boy to bear. I don't know why he hadn't told William.

He was William's imprint after all . . .