Chapter 42

I can't write properly, I can't think properly, so this chapter might...turn out bad.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

You have the house all by yourself (Y/n). Alastor was past asleep once you woke up at the sofa in the living room. You guessed he stayed up late watching the television seeing that there's two cup in the coffee table, and the black substance inside has given you the thought of him drinking a strong black coffee. And so, you decided not to disturb him for a moment thinking that he might be tired. He does look like one.

You got nothing to do for today. The television doesn't seem to entertain you since you have nothing to watch in it. And from what you can remember, it was clear that someone had broken your phone in half. But you're not sure where you have gotten that memory from. You were at the kitchen, staring at the backyard of this house. Your mind wonders somewhere inside your memory lane and you were shock to see some unfamiliar faces.

It played through, your were driving someone else's car and beside you was an unnamed guy with black hair, and wearing a baseball jersey. And then at some parts of your memory, the guy from before had taken a picture of you without you knowing as the two of you were at the beach late at night. Your eyebrows were knitted as you're confused as to why you have these memory that you don't remember doing with someone that you don't know of.

You shook the memory off your head. You look up at the clock to check the time and it was already 9:56. You decided to check out the fridge and see what was inside for you to have a snack on.

To you surprise, it was full of sweets. Many assorted goods of chocolate bars and some beer. You're not really into sweets at the moment, and so you check out the drawers to look for something to cook instead. Once you open the drawers, you saw a pile of expensive ramen came from Japan.

You shrugged as you took one and decided to cook for yourself. You decided that it'd be good to cook for yours first, and cook later for Alastor when he wakes up.

You blushed at the thought of what you did earlier. When you woke up and head inside the living room, you saw him sleeping. You even stared at his peaceful sleeping form and study his handsome face. You even thought of giving him a blanket and gently place it on him. When he felt the blankets were being covered for him, he snuggled to it and softly snored in which made you even red seeing Alastor to be this adorable.

You suddenly snapped out of your little daze when you heard the water boiled.  Your mind wonders as you cook the ramen. You wonder how adorable would it be if Alastor somehow became your boyfriend. Why are you thinking such thoughts? You're just making things go worst for you and your scrambled feelings for Alastor. And besides, what if he doesn't see you as one and is just being nice by taking you to this random house.

Why did you even agreed on coming with him without asking the main reason as to why? Even yesterday, it didn't seemed to bother you that the two of you are going to say at someone else's house. And didn't even ask as to why he's going to take out of the city? Why?

You suddenly stared of to nothing as you let the ramen boiled infront of you. Your mind went blank for a second, then random thoughts came in making you even confused and numbed you from the things you were asking yourself earlier. It became blurry and slowly it disappears out of your head.

You then decided to head outside the backyard to have a time for yourself as you eat your own made noodles. The backyard had a pool and a grilled place next to the stone oven. You took a seat at the bench next to the glass panel sliding door that leads to the mini bar of the house. Your mind wonders once again as to who owns this place, then you remembered Alastor telling you that this house belongs to your personal tutor, Avix. That was really...generous of him...? To do such thing?

Minutes passed as you peacefully eat your food, the soundless quiet neighborhood was disturbed when you heard police sirens running around the streets. Your eyebrows instantly arched in curiousity as you stand up from your seat and head towards the front lawn of the house. Holding the bowl of ramen in your hand, you watch not just 1 but 3 police cars that were strolling outside the street in this neighborhood. They seemed to be inspecting.

Then suddenly, as you watch in curiousity two of the policemen had gotten out of their vehicle and immediately head towards your direction. Seeing how you're the only one there seemingly watching them. Your eyes flutter as you watch them head towards your direction.

"Excuse me, ma'am? Do you have time? Just wanna ask some questions." One police officer said. It somehow made you nervous, but nevertheless, you nodded in response.

"Alright. There's a serial killer slash kidnapper on the loose. Here's his picture, if you ever familiarized him, make sure to contact us immediately." He said as he handed you a plain picture of someone in it.

Once your eyes landed on that certain someone in that picture. Your eyes were widened. You didn't spoke, yet you gulped not wanting to believe what you have just heard and see.

The police officer took note of your quiet response to the picture. Eyes have widened meaning something might have played inside your head, but since they are told to just run around and ask then they have no right or warrant to look inside your house. The other police officer on the other hand was looking at your face.

The other one who had given you the picture had tipped down his hat, "We'll be off now, Miss. Be careful out there." He said as he turned around. His partner on the other hand was still staring at you, seemingly wanting to say something to his partner.

"Leone, come on." He said with a tired voice as Leone had looked back to his partner and nod.

You blink multiple of times as you stare at the given picture that's in your hand. Your heart quickened as the person in that picture was certainly Alastor. Quickly, you didn't waste anytime to head inside the house to confront him about this.

"That girl looks oddly familiar." Leone said as he looked at his partner. Both of them had stopped walking as mentions this.

"She does. Do you have the pictures of one of the victims?" The police officer asked.

"Yeah." Leone replied.

"Dig down. We're not leaving here yet. I have a gut feeling that I should keep an eye out on that girl." He said, but when he looked back to where you were earlier, he saw how hurriedly enter the house.

────────────  ────────────

You were hesitant. He was just sleeping there and you're scared that if you wake up with this information you have at hand, you're horrified of what he's going to do to you. Was it just an act? Earlier? Yesterday? On how he nicely he treats you, on how kind he was being to you, and how worried he was to you. Was it all just a facade to hide his true nature?

You gulped as you slowly reach out your hand towards him to gently wake him up. Your heart was beating so fast, and your mind was running a thousand thoughts of what Alastor would've done to you if you ever give this information to him.

It feels so unreal.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Sorry for the long wait. I hope you like it. I'm having the worst Writers block of all time. This is the first- How do I cope with it? Aaaaaaaaaaaaa-!