Chapter 45

"Hey, have you gotten the papers working?"

"No, I actually haven't."

"Well, you better get working. You know that the clients are impatient as hell."

"As if you've seen hell."

"Ayo watch yo mouth! Do you know who you're talking to?"

"Sorry. I'll get working on the papers now."

Well, it's been ten years. Time surely does fly really fast as if nothing had happened from the past. It's been a literal hell, honestly. They didn't think that it would come to this point.

In her expensive suit, Avis sat on her chair in her lonely office as she thinks of what happened 8 years ago. She sigh as she stares of at her front door of the office, seemingly waiting for someone to at least enter her office.

And after minutes of waiting, she groan as she finally felt like she has no one deal with at the moment. She now get to finally laze around and at least sleep. Due to adulthood and being a business woman/scientist it is really a tiring job considering she now holds 3 of the company her family has. Avis leaned in to her seat and closing her eyes as she let out a sigh in relief.

Minutes ate her sense as she finally drifted off to slee-

"AVIS! WAKE UP!" Now, who the fuck? Avis jolted up in her seat as her eyes were widened as she quickly squinted it. Her vision were blurry for a bit until she re-adjust it.

"Oh por favor, do you not know how to knock?" She asked the man infront of her who had placed down the papers on her desk.

The man sheepishly smiled at his boss as he laughed nervously, "Sorry, it's urgent." He said, guilt lacing around his voice.

Avis raised her brow as she clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Tch, it better be. Also, can you get me a coffee when you go out? Is it your break time?" She asked as she grabbed the envelope and opened it.

"Actually yeh, i was about to go out for lunch when I came across your brother who's holding two boxes of pizza. He gave those files and didn't even handed me a box of pizza." He said as he watched his boss open up the files.

Avis sigh, "What an asshole. Here," Avis handed him her own wallet. This was not a surprise for the man as he just catched it effortlessly, after all, he is a baseball champ back in highschool. Avis didn't bat an eye as she read the document she had at hand, "Buy me some churro's and make sure to buy yourself something too. It's one the house." Avis said as this made the man nod in response as he sigh in relief.

"Damn, i was really getting hungry," he paused as his curiousity kicked in. He was watching Avis as her expression changes and distorted as her eyebrows would twitch every second that she reads the file, "By the way, what's on the file?" He asked.

Avis sigh, "Uh, nothing- it'll trigger you." Avis said without looking at him and keeping her attention at the papers at hand.

"Don't worry," he smirked, "I can take it! Besides! I'm curious." He said with a smirk in which made Avis rolled her eyes, but she felt worried for what will he be reacting.

"They...They closed her case." She said as she watched his expression. His smirk or smug smile disappeared as his shoulder had gotten low.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It's been 8 years," Avis said as she dropped the papers on her table as run her fingers on her hair with her elbow resting on the table.

"But you said you wouldn't give up until she's found!" He shouted as his voice cracked a little bit.