Betty's Cardigan - Theo Pourchaire ✔

Inspired by: betty; Taylor Swift

-

*TW - cheating (summer fling)*

-

Theo was standing in front of Betty's house, hesitating if he should knock on her door or not. His heart felt like being squeezed as he was tousling her white cardigan made of soft fabric in his hands. She knew how much he liked it on her, so she wore it at all their dates and meetings.

She left it at his place one night, and he never managed to return it back. Because from that time, everything went wrong. He knows he fucked up, he knows that he broke her trust. He was foolish to think she will never find out about his summer fling that happened in August. She probably wouldn't if it wasn't for Inez, that one girl who knows everything. He closed his eyes for a moment, remembering the day when his whole world collapsed in front of him.

Flashback:

"Betty, hey," Theo exclaimed when the person behind the door was his girlfriend. From the look on her face, he could guess that she is not in the best mood, "I'm sorry, I didn't expect you to come..."

"What, being too busy with someone called...I don't know...let's say, Augustine?"

"What...what are you talking about?" He stammered out, his limbs freezing upon hearing a name of a girl he got much closer than he should.

"Inez told me that you...you shared bed with someone else during summer," Betty spoke up, doing her best to hold back tears. He wanted to use the famous 'You wouldn't believe someone like Inez, you know what she is like' but he knew it would be no use. Because this time, Inez was right. And lying would make everything just worse, he still has a chance to fix this. Somehow.

"I...I did," he confessed while looking at the ground, he didn't even dare to look his girlfriend in the eye, "but I swear it was only one thing, it meant nothing to me."

"You wouldn't do that if it meant completely nothing to you," she croaked, now letting her tears fall down on her cheeks.

"Betty..." he lifted his hand to wipe away those tears, but she turned her head away, giving him a signal that this won't be fixed by saying 'sorry'.

"Fuck you," she looked him dead in the eye and said those two words without any emotions. And then she left, slamming the door behind her. Theo collapsed on the ground, letting the tears he has been holding back to freely fall down.

End of flashback

That happened two years ago. Theo wanted to explain everything, he wanted to make it up to her. But he didn't expect one thing: that Betty would move out. When he went to her house one day, he was surprised to find out that Betty and her family don't live here anymore.

He spent two whole years trying to find her new address. When he started giving up on ever finding her again, he got help from someone he wouldn't expect to. Augustine. The girl thought that their relationship could evolve into something more than just an illicit affair. But she soon realised that Theo loves Betty and Augustine was only a fling, a short rush of excitement.