Draft Day - Pierre Gasly ✔

For:GallyChuky

"I can't wait to see that KHL draft!" your boyfriend Pierre happily exclaimed when you were sitting at the airport.

"Actually it's NHL draft. In KHL is playing teams from Eastern Europe and in NHL are playing teams from the USA and Canada," you chuckled, and Pierre blushed because of embarrassment.

"Oh," was all he said.

"Looks like little Gasly has a lot to learn," your twin brother Esteban said and winked at the younger Frenchman.

Although your family is more into motorsport, you were always more attracted to the ice rink. You started playing when you were 6 years old on the team in your hometown Évreux. You were working hard on yourself, and after some years, you were much better than other girls. You were strong enough to play with boys, and sometimes you were even better than them. Then you got noticed by Boston University Terriers, so you moved to the U.S. It was hard to be alone in a big country, but you were living your American dream and you got used to it.

Every time you have a break or the season is over, you travel back to France to see your family. You also support your twin brother on some races where you also met Pierre. It was love at first sight, you started dating very soon. And because he is also Frenchman and Esteban's good friend, he had no problem with your relationship. Your results with Terriers were incredible and that's why you got invitated to the NHL draft as number three on the list. Your parents, Esteban and Pierre, they are all here to support you. You couldn't even name the feelings happening inside you, it was a dream come true.

-

You are already settled in American Airlines Center in Dallas, waiting for the start of the draft. Most of the people were already there, but some of them were still looking for their seats or chatting with each other.

"So how does it work?" Pierre asked while you were looking around you. You noticed Rasmus Dahlin, number one, walking right beside you. next to you. You briefly waved at him, and he did the same,  a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Who is he?" Pierre glared at blond Swede.

"Oh my god Pear, don't tell me you are jealous!" you laughed, "that's Rasmus, number one on the list. I met him several times before, but we are not big friends or something. Don't worry, you are my one and only," you kissed his cheek, "anyway how the draft works. It's really simple. Each team will select at least one player for their team. When one team made their selection another team will come and made theirs. You will see."

"Ocooooooon!" someone yelled your name, and you turned around to see your teammate from Boston Brady Tkachuk, who is number 26 in the draft coming to you and waving like an idiot.

"Heeey Brady, I was wondering where you are!" you stood up and hugged him. You were talking about hockey, so you were ignoring Pierre who was just sitting there, feeling like a third wheel.

Before the official draft began, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman had a speech. He also gave an award to the junior team Humboldt Broncos from Canada. They had a bus accident this year, and 16 people died. President of the team, Kevin Garinger, had a very emotional speech. When he was done, you all stood up and started clapping to pay your respect.

-

"Do you think they will choose Dahlin?" Brady asked as members of Buffalo Sabres were on their way to the stage to announce the first selection of the draft.

"I think so, he is number one," you shrugged and quickly glanced at Dahlin, who wasn't showing any signs of nervousness. They really choose him for their team. You all started clapping and when he passed you, he glanced at you. You gave him a smile which he immediately returned. Then your eyes met with Pierre's, who was far from thrilled.

"Stop with that jealousy, Gasly. It ain't cute," you frowned and nudged his shoulder. He sighed and mumbled a quick sorry.

The second team was Carolina Hurricanes, and they choose Andrei Svlechnikov from Russia. You don't know this guy but clapped. Then you realised that the next team is Montreal Canadians. There is a possibility that they will choose you as you are number three. Nervousness started to spread all over your body as you squeezed your boyfriend's hand. However, they didn't pick you but Jesperi Kotkaniemi, number 5 of the draft. You were a little bit disappointed, but there was still hope. You were watching Ottawa Senators' crew getting on the stage and you squeezed Pierre's hand once again. He looked at you with a reassuring smile.

"For the fourth selection, the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from the Boston University Terriers Y/N Ocon!" You covered your mouth with your hand, not able to believe what you have just heard.  You did it! You got selected by the NHL team! You hugged Pierre, Brady, Esteban, and your parents before jogging down to the stage. There you shook your hand with general manager Pierre Dorian and other guys. They gave you a jersey and cap and you immediately put them on. Then you all together took a team photo. 

After that, you went to give your first interview:

"Y/N Ocon, Ottawa Senators. How does it sound?"

"Absolutely amazing! It's a dream that came true, really. And being a woman makes it even more unbelievable! I want to thank my family, my boyfriend Pierre and all my fans because I won't be able to do this without them!"

"Your teammate from Boston Brady Tkachuk is also on the list. Do you think he will be as lucky as you?"

"Totally! I mean, he is an amazing player and deserves it! Also, I hope someone will pick my very good friend Filip Zadina because he is also very talented and deserves a spot!"

"Thanks for the interview and congratulations once again!"

"Thank you and you're welcome!" You ended up your interview and went back to your seat.

"Hey Y/N, congratulation! I'm so happy for you!" Filip Zadina said and hugged you, "I hope I'll be as lucky as you."

"You will!" You smiled at your Czech friend.

-

"Detroit Red Wings are proud to select Filip Zadina!" you immediately stood up and started clapping when you were watching your friend coming on the stage.

"We are proud to select Brady Tkachuk as a new member of Ottawa Senators!" You stood up again, hugging Brady. You are going to play in one team!

-

Official 2018 NHL draft is officially over. You are escorting your family at the airport because Esteban and Pierre are having the next race this weekend.
You said your goodbyes to them, but you stayed with Pierre a little bit longer.

"I'm so proud of you Y/N, you can't even imagine. I'm happy to call you my girlfriend, what you achieved is truly amazing," he leaned to you and kissed you.

"So go and make me proud too,"  you smiled before kissing him again.