Old Friend - Felipe Drugovich (3/3) ✔

Inspired by: Homesick; Madison Beer

-

Felipe was standing at the front door of a house he believes is Rosa's. When he returned home for Christmas, he picked up all courage to ask about his childhood friend. He was desperate to know what is up with her as she hasn't answered. Has she seen the message or she simply ignored him? He wouldn't blame her. He could have visited her so many times, there were several opportunities. But he never found the courage to face her. How effortlessly he left her behind, like she never meant anything to him.

Felipe took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He was surprised to hear that Rosa no longer lives in Maringá but in a small town just next to their hometown. Deep down, he hoped it's a good sign, but he still was scared and nervous, he had no idea what to expect from this meeting. He was holding a rose bouquet in his hands as he was patiently waiting for someone to answer. He knew that flowers won't magically bring everything back to default, but he didn't want to come with bare hands.

"May I help you?" a hunched old woman peeked through a door when she opened them. Felipe thought it was Rosa's mother, but she looked nothing like her. Is he knocking on the wrong door?

"Uhm...I'm looking for Rosa Cardoso," an old woman looked down at the roses and gave Felipe a sympathetic smile.

"Oh boy, I know that Rosa is a stunning woman...but you might got the wrong idea, she is not..."

"No, no...she was my friend when we were kids," Felipe quickly added, his cheeks getting a pinkish shade, "and I was wondering that I could stop by when I'm here."

"You are Felipe?" she asked with a slight frown. Felipe felt shivers running down his spine, the woman's voice didn't sound much friendly, and he guessed that Rosa hadn't forgiven him in the slightest.

"I am, ma'am."

"Rosa told me a lot about you. She is not here at the moment, but she should be back any minute. Please, come in," she opened the door wider for Felipe to enter. He sat by the table, looking around a minimalistic kitchen with beige walls, "do you want me to put the flowers in the vase?" the woman asked, but Felipe shook his head, still holding the flowers tight in his arms.

"I want to give it to her myself," he muttered while looking down at dark red roses.

"You hold a lot of guilt inside, do you?" she asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee. She also offered one to Felipe, but he politely declined. He was about to answer when they both heard the doors being opened. Felipe immediately stood up, and breath hitched in his throat when a gorgeous woman entered the room. Her hair was lighter than he remembered, she even got blue highlights. However, her dark eyes were still as captivating as when she was a kid.

"Hi," he breathed out, eyeing Rosa, who was watching him with shock in her eyes.

"Hi," she simply said, placing her bag on the ground. The truth is that deep down, she still hoped that she might see him again. But as years went by, her hopes were slowly fading. And now he is here, and Rosa had no idea how to react, what to do. Should she hug him because she waited for so long or slap him for letting her wait for six years?

"I will give you some privacy, kids," the woman smirked, leaving Rosa and Felipe all alone.

"I'm glad to see that you moved out," Felipe started as they both sat at the table. Neither of them really knew where to start, they had so much to tell each other, "oh, and these are for you," he handed her the flowers Rosa accepted with slight hesitation.